TG Intro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Intro?

After reading the new mission requirements, I went looking for the old script for the TG intro. Can't find it.

What are you looking for in the TG intro? Would like to know so I can update various missions with the correct way to do it, don't want to have to put out another 19 mission versions because I did the intro wrong :)

Re: TG Intro?

Good point.

I think in the past it's been like a black screen with white text saying "By beita and Tactical Gamer - the premiere online community for mature gamers"

... Or something like that.

| |

Comment

My suggestion, found this in one of the older missions, it seems familiar:

Code:
      [] spawn
      	{
                      sleep 3;
      		titleText["*MISSION NAME*", "plain"];
      		titleFadeOut 3;
      		sleep 3;
      		titleText["Brought to you by TacticalGamer.com - The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers", "plain"];
      		titleFadeOut 5;
      	};
      Ehh, the spawn is there because I simple copy-pasted it from the init.sqf heh.

Comment

Do we really need to have "premiere" in capital letters? Looks like a really, really bad ad. Been like it in every mission I've seen with the intro this far, and makes me cringe and wanting to disconnect from the server every time I see it.

Comment

I've been using this one, run from init.sqf after mission start:
          Code:
          if (not isDedicated) then
          {
          	[] spawn
          	{ 
          		disableUserInput true;
          		cutText ["Operation Swagger","BLACK FADED"];
          		sleep 4;
          		cutText ["","BLACK IN"];
          		titleText ["Brought to you by TacticalGamer.com - The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers", "BLACK IN", 7];
          		sleep 3;
          		disableUserInput false;
          		sleep 4;
          		cutText ["Mission by Fincuan", "PLAIN DOWN"];
          	};
          };
          Pretty similar to beta's, except for the userinput part. Just to keep players from shooting each other when they start as a tight bunch.

Comment

you can always use triggers, with timeouts

will post the relevant info when i see it in one of my missions

Comment

I would REALLY prefer to not start with a black screen. A few missions I have played have literally put you into the action immediately. If you are stuck (literally with the disableUserInput) at a black screen for 11 seconds .. that could be very bad.

Another example would be missions that start the player off in a HALO jump or similar. Restricting the player's vision and control limits the type of mission starts you can do.

Comment

Well, can be done differently in different missions. Variation hasn't killed anyone ^^

Comment

Agreed. In the majority of the missions we start in a tight bunch, and 99% of those times someone pulls the trigger at the start.

Comment

My point is: Don't make it a black screen, so there is no "desire" to pull the trigger (more than normal at least).

Comment

re: HALO
                      Operation Hammer depbo for TG mission intro.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                        My point is: Don't make it a black screen, so there is no "desire" to pull the trigger (more than normal at least).
                        I don't think it really matters if you have the text + black screen or just the text. Not a big deal.

| |

Comment

Yeah I agree with marine, just make a TG intro I don't care what it looks like just as long as it says something close to the above.

Comment

I personally prefer just having it in the credits of the diary. People don't have to look at it if they don't care and it's not in the way of anything.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                              Yeah I agree with marine, just make a TG intro I don't care what it looks like just as long as it says something close to the above.
                              Trigger with text as an effect works like a charm.
                              |TG|Ghost02
                              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X