CO55_Fall_of_Saigon_1.0 - Vietnam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO55_Fall_of_Saigon_1.0 - Vietnam

Its a long mission, based on the Fall of Saigon during the Vietnam conflict. Last American battle and fast evacuation. Mission goes from offensive to complete defensive.
    Starts with 1 objective, ends with 6 of them.

Supported by artillery and armor, the North Vietnamese continue to march towards Saigon, capturing the major cities of northern South Vietnam. NVA forces almost reached Dong Ha ridge, a strategic gateway situated on the highway into Saigon, on 9th April.

That means Saigon was encircled by enemy forces. President Gerald R. Ford announced 'Operation Frequent Wind'.

*** OPERATION FREQUENT WIND ***

All U.S. forces are being evacuated from South Vietnam along with South Vietnamese and American civilians in Saigon.

23rd Battalion of U.S. Marines is to perform quick offensive in order to buy more time for evacuation of Saigon.

F.O.B. Charlie

DOWNLOAD: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/202....isladuala.pbo

Re: CO55_Fall_of_Saigon_1.0 - Vietnam

Cant wait to play this with a full compliment of TG'ers

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      Cant wait to play this with a full compliment of TG'ers
      Me too :).

Comment

This is a Chopper pilot's dream map. Very well balanced between the air asset capabilities and the interaction required between air and ground to be sucessful.

I prefer Poda to Duala visually, but the sunset is awesome.

Comment

This mission seems to be made of win. A little tweaking and it'll be pure awesomeness!

Btw, why not spawn the ZU-23s from the start? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
            This mission seems to be made of win. A little tweaking and it'll be pure awesomeness!

Btw, why not spawn the ZU-23s from the start? :)
            Destroying Zu-23's (Shilkas) will trigger 3rd objective, and then others :). If they were desotryed earlier, it would cause funny mission story problems.

Thanks for all good comments :). We should play it tonight with bigger group of people.

Comment

I'm getting CTD every time that the map finishes loading...

It is something with the mission... because the map is loading fine here.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post

We played it yesterday and there was no problems. It could be the server side. Too many people were downloading the mission file on once.

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post

In Yoma, have you clicked "Delete Extra Files" recently (you should)? Do you see a "no bmp.p3d" error at map start? If yes, Delete Extra Files will fix it and the CTDs will stop.

Comment

This mission was so insanely fun I can't even begin to describe. The level of immersion is palpable, it really feels like Vietnam. The lighting is perfect. The air cav element is perfectly implemented and the flight times from the FOB to the AO are perfect. The terrain, the huge river basin, in the AO, is one of the coolest environments I have ever played in.

Using bounding overwatch from those ridges was very engaging.

Please allow the pilot/co-pilot to flip on the music. ALSO ADD LONG TALL SALLY. PLEASE GOD I WOULD DIE HAPPILY.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                      In Yoma, have you clicked "Delete Extra Files" recently (you should)? Do you see a "no bmp.p3d" error at map start? If yes, Delete Extra Files will fix it and the CTDs will stop.
                      I can attest for how important is to delete extra files.. I was suffering from sudden onset sporadic CTDs and since I deleted them on a whim to see if it would make any difference, i now suffer from 0 CTDs. Some TG/admin should pin a thread about that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post

hmm....

Its this then...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Hi Mike, I'm sure you already know a lot about what I'm about to say but just in case there is anything you've over looked my observations are as follows:

- The music at the start appears to play every time a new player starts, this can be frustrating for anyone at the base.

- The music used is incredibly loud.

- The amount of medical equipment to my knowledge is very limited (this may have been fixed or I'm missing something).

Besides those few things there is really nothing else wrong with it, I've yet to experience the later objectives in the mission but from what I've seen so far it's AMAZING; damn good work Mike! You've got the perfect mix of enemies too, there is enough to actually have a proper fight with but not too many that things get a little bit mental.

Comment

so sunday event maybe :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

This is certainly a great mission.

One thing though, and I'm not very experienced at this, but I noticed the hints for objective completion seem to be run on the server. I don't know about the locality of hints, but I can't recall seeing any ingame when the mortars were destroyed (I might have been distracted, though). If this is by design, then nevermind. Good job on the dynamic spawning and ambiance.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X