• Show
Clear All

• Briefing file won't cooperate and the rpt file is useless

Code:
    private ["_pFaction"];
    _pFaction = (faction player);

if (_pFaction == "ACE_BLUFOR_USARMY") exitWith 
    {

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Credits", "Mission Designer and Creator - Pistolfied<br/>Simple Vehicle Respawn Script - Tophe<br/>Settings Script - GeneralCarver<br/>All other scripting - Pistolfied<br/><br/>Brought to you by TacticalGamer.com - The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Logistics", "2 x M2A1 Bradley IFVs x 1 Respawn<br/>1 x M1126 Stryker ICV x 1 Respawn<br/>7 x M1114 HMMWV M240 x 1 Respawn</br>7 x M998 HMMWV x Infinite Respawn</br>1 x MK23 MTVR Repair x 1 Respawn</br>1 x MK23 MTVR Fuel x 1 Respawn</br>1 x MK23 MTVR Ammunition x 1 Respawn</br>1 x Service Point @ Main Operating Base</br>1 x Service Point @ Observation Post<br/>IFVs/ICVs - 10 Minute Respawn</br>Cars/Trucks - 5 Minute Respawn</br>Service/Maintenence Trucks - 10 Minute Respawn</br>**Abandoned Vehicles - 20 Minute Respawn"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Execution", "***************************************</br>******UP TO THE PLATOON COMMANDER******</br>***************************************"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Objective", "The 2 towns (Nubak and Bolabongo) are to be seized from the Insurgent forces.  Open up a supply route along the main highway and allow the local population to return to their homes.<br/><br/>If too many casualties are sustained this mission will be called off."]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["SitRep", "OpFor units should be expected to be prepared with ambushes and defensive positions in place.<br/><br/>HOSTILE FORCE:</br>Heavy Vehicles - EXPECTED<br/>Light Vehicles - HEAVILY EXPECTED<br/>Infantry - HEAVY PRESENCE CONFIRMED"]];

_tsk3 = player createSimpleTask["Capture Bolabongo (W)"];
    _tsk3 setSimpleTaskDescription["Capture Bolabongo (W)<br/><br/>Take control over the western sector of Bolabongo.<br/>", "Capture Bolabongo (W)", "Capture Bolabongo (W)"];
    _tsk3 setSimpleDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj3");

_tsk2 = player createSimpleTask["Capture Bolabongo (E)"];
    _tsk2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Capture Bolabongo (E)<br/><br/>Overwhelm the defenders in the eastern section of Bolabongo.<br/>", "Capture Bolabongo (E)", "Capture Bolabongo (E)"];
    _tsk2 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj2");

_tsk1 = player createSimpleTask["Capture Nubak"];
    _tsk1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Capture Nubak<br/><br/>Take control of Nubak by overwhelming any defenders.<br/>", "Capture Nubak", "Capture Nubak"];
    _tsk1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj1");

};

if (_pFaction == "INS") exitWith 
    {

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Credits", "Mission Designer and Creator - Pistolfied<br/>Simple Vehicle Respawn Script - TopheSettings Script - GeneralCarverAll other scripting - Pistolfied<br/><br/>Brought to you by TacticalGamer.com - The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Logistics", "1 x T-72A x 1 Respawn @ Bolabongo<br/>1 x T-72B x 1 Respawn @ Engor<br/>1 x BMP-2 x 2 Respawn @ Bolabongo & Engor<br/>3 x UAZ-469 (DShKM) x 3 Respawn @ Bolabongo2 x UAZ-469 (DShKM) x 3 Respawn @ Engor</br>3 x UAZ-469 x 3 Respawn @ Bolabongo2 x UAZ-469 x 3 Respawn @ Engor</br>3 x Ural-375 x 3 Respawn @ Bolabong</br>2 x Ural-375 x Infinite Respawn @ Engor</br>1 x Ural-375 Fuel x 1 Respawn @ Bolabong & Engor</br>1 x Ural-375 Repair x 1 Respawn @ Bolabong & Engor</br>1 x Ural-375 Ammuntion x 1 Respawn @ Bolabong & Engor</br>Tanks - 20 Minute Respawn</br>APCs/IFVs - 10 Minute Respawn</br>Cars/Trucks - 5 Minute Respawn</br>Service/Maintenence Trucks - 10 Minute Respawn</br>**Abandoned Vehicles - 20 Minute Respawn"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Execution", "***************************************</br>******UP TO THE PLATOON COMMANDER******</br>***************************************"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Objective", "Hold the towns of Nubak and Bolabongo.  Maintain dominance of the region over BluFor."]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["SitRep", "BluFor units will most likely be assaulting from the airport to the south. If the BluFor manage to take a sector in Bolabongo our reinforcements will come in from Engor.<br/><br/>HOSTILE FORCES:<br/>~3 Heavy Vehicles<br/>Unknown Number of Light Vehicles<br/>Platoon Sized Force"]];

_tsk3i = player createSimpleTask["Defend Bolabongo (W)"];
    _tsk3i setSimpleTaskDescription["Defend Bolabongo (W)<br/><br/>Hold the western sector of Bolabongo at all costs. It is the most vital towards our control of the area.<br/>", "Defend Bolabongo (W)", "Defend Bolabongo (W)"];
    _tsk3i setSimpleDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj3");

_tsk2i = player createSimpleTask["Defend Bolabongo (E)"];
    _tsk2i setSimpleTaskDescription["Defend Bolabongo (E)<br/><br/>Hold the eastern sector of Bolabongo at all costs.<br/>", "Defend Bolabongo (E)", "Defend Bolabongo (E)"];
    _tsk2i setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj2");

_tsk1i = player createSimpleTask["Defend Nubak"];
    _tsk1i setSimpleTaskDescription["Defend Nubak<br/><br/>Destroy the advancing BluFor.<br/>", "Defend Nubak", "Defend Nubak"];
    _tsk1i setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj1");

};
    Well, there is the briefing file. The .rpt file keeps on giving me an error on line 19
    Code:
    and says missing ";". The stupid thing is that there is a ";" there and there shouldn't be any more...

Another problem with the .rpt is it's constantly outputting
    Code:
    File mpmissions\__cur_mp.isladuala\death.sqf, line 17
    Error in expression <pFaction == "INS") then
    {
    TicketsEast = TicketsEast - 1;
    publicVariable "Tickets>
      Error position: <TicketsEast - 1;
    publicVariable "Tickets>
      Error Undefined variable in expression: ticketseast
    The ticket removal works fine in tests though so I don't see why it's creating this error. The only reason I can think of is this is being generated while in the main menu because it displays whatever the last mission that was being worked on but doesn't know how to call its scripts. Here is the death.sqf:
    Code:
    //Check to run on clients only
    if (isServer) exitWith {};

private ["_pFaction"];

waitUntil {player == player};
    waitUntil {time > 1};

while {true} do
    {
    	if (!alive player) then
    	{
    		sleep playerRespawnTime;
    		sleep 1;
    		if (player != player) exitWith {};
    		if (_pFaction == "INS") then
    		{
    			TicketsEast = TicketsEast - 1;
    			publicVariable "TicketsEast";
    			player groupChat format ["Tickets Remaining: %1", TicketsEast];
    		};
    		if (_pFaction == "ACE_BLUFOR_USARMY") then
    		{
    			TicketsWest = TicketsWest - 1;
    			publicVariable "TicketsWest";
    			player groupChat format ["Tickets Remaining: %1", TicketsWest];
    		};

};
    };
    Last edited by Pistolfied; 01-17-2010, 07:45 PM.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Re: Briefing file won't cooperate and the rpt file is useless

Have you initialized TicketsEast and TicketsWest somewhere before this script? Attempting to decrement it when it hasn't been initialized will give you an error.

Comment

Yup, it gets initialized by another script which defines the # of tickets as chosen via parameters.

Comment

Try initializing the _pFaction variable after the waitUntils, it could be doing it too quickly before the command will return a viable result.

Comment

That seems to have fixed the mass error spam for the tickets. Now just have to figure out the stupid briefing... I added the waitUntil commands to it but still nothing and still showing the same error. Missing ;

Comment

From my experience, missing ; errors typically result from:

1. A missing ; (*gasp*)

or

2. A missing or misplaced "

ie: Having a " inside your briefing text somewhere, not terminating a set of "s, or using mismatched quotes, a ' with a " for example.

Comment

Thing is that I can't find either of those errors anywhere, that's why I'm stumped.

Comment

im sure we can figure it out is that your full brief at the top?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Few more things to try:

Since the briefing is essentially being checked as XML, remove "special" characters, they can mess up your briefing.

So, @, &, ~, other stuff like that.

Comment

Removed all @, &, ~, (, ), from the text strings but I'm still getting the same error. Here is how the briefing looks now:
                    Code:
                    waitUntil {player == player};
                    waitUntil {time > 1};

private ["_pFaction"];

if (_pFaction == "ACE_BLUFOR_USARMY") exitWith 
                    {

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Credits", "Mission Designer and Creator - Pistolfied<br/>Simple Vehicle Respawn Script - Tophe<br/>Settings Script - GeneralCarver<br/>All other scripting - Pistolfied<br/><br/>Brought to you by TacticalGamer.com - The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Logistics", "2 x M2A1 Bradley IFVs x 1 Respawn<br/>1 x M1126 Stryker ICV x 1 Respawn<br/>7 x M1114 HMMWV M240 x 1 Respawn</br>7 x M998 HMMWV x Infinite Respawn</br>1 x MK23 MTVR Repair x 1 Respawn</br>1 x MK23 MTVR Fuel x 1 Respawn</br>1 x MK23 MTVR Ammunition x 1 Respawn</br>1 x Service Point AT Main Operating Base</br>1 x Service Point AT Observation Post<br/>IFVs/ICVs - 10 Minute Respawn</br>Cars/Trucks - 5 Minute Respawn</br>Service/Maintenence Trucks - 10 Minute Respawn</br>Abandoned Vehicles - 20 Minute Respawn"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Objective", "The 2 towns (Nubak and Bolabongo) are to be seized from the Insurgent forces.  Open up a supply route along the main highway and allow the local population to return to their homes.<br/><br/>If too many casualties are sustained this mission will be called off."]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["SitRep", "OpFor units should be expected to be prepared with ambushes and defensive positions in place.<br/><br/>HOSTILE FORCE:</br>Heavy Vehicles - EXPECTED<br/>Light Vehicles - HEAVILY EXPECTED<br/>Infantry - HEAVY PRESENCE CONFIRMED"]];

_tsk3 = player createSimpleTask["Capture Bolabongo W"];
                    _tsk3 setSimpleTaskDescription["Capture Bolabongo W<br/><br/>Take control over the western sector of Bolabongo.<br/>", "Capture Bolabongo W", "Capture Bolabongo W"];

_tsk2 = player createSimpleTask["Capture Bolabongo E"];
                    _tsk2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Capture Bolabongo E<br/><br/>Overwhelm the defenders in the eastern section of Bolabongo.<br/>", "Capture Bolabongo E", "Capture Bolabongo E"];
                    _tsk2 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj2");

_tsk1 = player createSimpleTask["Capture Nubak"];
                    _tsk1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Capture Nubak<br/><br/>Take control of Nubak by overwhelming any defenders.<br/>", "Capture Nubak", "Capture Nubak"];
                    _tsk1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj1");

};

if (_pFaction == "INS") exitWith 
                    {

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Credits", "Mission Designer and Creator - Pistolfied<br/>Simple Vehicle Respawn Script - TopheSettings Script - GeneralCarverAll other scripting - Pistolfied<br/><br/>Brought to you by TacticalGamer.com - The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Logistics", "1 x T-72A x 1 Respawn AT Bolabongo<br/>1 x T-72B x 1 Respawn AT Engor<br/>1 x BMP-2 x 2 Respawn AT Bolabongo AND Engor<br/>3 x UAZ-469 (DShKM) x 3 Respawn AT Bolabongo2 x UAZ-469 (DShKM) x 3 Respawn AT Engor</br>3 x UAZ-469 x 3 Respawn AT Bolabongo2 x UAZ-469 x 3 Respawn AT Engor</br>3 x Ural-375 x 3 Respawn AT Bolabong</br>2 x Ural-375 x Infinite Respawn AT Engor</br>1 x Ural-375 Fuel x 1 Respawn AT Bolabong AND Engor</br>1 x Ural-375 Repair x 1 Respawn AT Bolabong AND Engor</br>1 x Ural-375 Ammuntion x 1 Respawn AT Bolabong AND Engor</br>Tanks - 20 Minute Respawn</br>APCs/IFVs - 10 Minute Respawn</br>Cars/Trucks - 5 Minute Respawn</br>Service/Maintenence Trucks - 10 Minute Respawn</br>**Abandoned Vehicles - 20 Minute Respawn"]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Objective", "Hold the towns of Nubak and Bolabongo.  Maintain dominance of the region over BluFor."]];

_notes = player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["SitRep", "BluFor units will most likely be assaulting from the airport to the south. If the BluFor manage to take a sector in Bolabongo our reinforcements will come in from Engor.<br/><br/>HOSTILE FORCES:<br/>About3 Heavy Vehicles<br/>Unknown Number of Light Vehicles<br/>Platoon Sized Force"]];

_tsk3i = player createSimpleTask["Defend Bolabongo W"];
                    _tsk3i setSimpleTaskDescription["Defend Bolabongo W<br/><br/>Hold the western sector of Bolabongo at all costs. It is the most vital towards our control of the area.<br/>", "Defend Bolabongo W", "Defend Bolabongo W"];
                    _tsk3i setSimpleDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj3");

_tsk2i = player createSimpleTask["Defend Bolabongo E"];
                    _tsk2i setSimpleTaskDescription["Defend Bolabongo E<br/><br/>Hold the eastern sector of Bolabongo at all costs.<br/>", "Defend Bolabongo E", "Defend Bolabongo E"];
                    _tsk2i setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj2");

_tsk1i = player createSimpleTask["Defend Nubak"];
                    _tsk1i setSimpleTaskDescription["Defend Nubak<br/><br/>Destroy the advancing BluFor.<br/>", "Defend Nubak", "Defend Nubak"];
                    _tsk1i setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "Obj1");

};
                    Edit: Just noticed setSimpleTaskDestination was SetSimpleDestination... Testing now.
                    Edit2: Yup, that seems to have been it. Wish the errors would state invalid syntax or something rather than missing ;
                    -.-

Comment

Aha, might have found it:

setSimpleDesination

to

setSimpleTaskDestination

EDIT:
                      Seems to have solved it in my tests.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement