Radio Activation Trigger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Activation Trigger

I'm looking for a script that will allow me to set up a game logic or object in an area and will 'addAction' when a unit comes within a certain radius of that object, creating a pre-scripted 'radio dialogue' for a unit using an AN-PRC77 radio backpack (similar to what occurs in Beita's missions when arriving at one of the objectives.) This radio action will create a dialogue (calling in objective status to high command) and also complete an objective. I tried unpboing one of Beita's missions, 'Tikhaya' looking for an example script, but did not find it sufficiently modular enough to apply directly to my own mission. I'm using briefing manager to create the objectives so objective names use that format.

If anybody has any modular scripts/suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. I'm not at my PC right now so I don't have the scripts in front of me, I'd post up what I did to Beita's script but that'll have to wait until I get home.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
    -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Re: Radio Activation Trigger

Not sure where the trouble was, but, the system I use is pretty straightforward.

Exactly what are you looking to do?

I'm looking for a script that will allow me to set up a game logic or object in an area and will 'addAction' when a unit comes within a certain radius of that object, creating a pre-scripted 'radio dialogue' for a unit using an AN-PRC77 radio backpack
    This is EXACTLY what is done in my missions, so I don't see what is missing?

Comment

Re: Radio Activation Trigger

Yeah, there's a few extra variables that didn't make sense to me and after deleting, it didn't work. I don't like ripping code right out of something and trying to put it in something else. Kind of a square peg in a round hole syndrome. I managed to get it done with in-editor solutions.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
      -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...