Civilian combat AI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian combat AI

I am trying to use functionaries with MP5s as a palace guard for a mission im working on... but their battle AI appears questionable to say the least. Sometimes they dont fire at obvious targets, other times they will just prone on the ground, and they don't seem to use basic military tactics like the OPFOR and BLUFOR soldiers.

Does anyone know how to either use the OPFOR/BLUFOR AI scripts on the Civilians or to place a OPFOR/BLUFOR rifleman and change his model to a functionary? I really really don't want to use "CDF" or some other gimmick - the functionaries are perfect. I could use any/all advice on how to make them more aggressive and assertive.

Re: Civilian combat AI

The "functionaries" are classed as civilians. More importantly, they don't have an opposing side for them to 'engage.'

You'll need to save the mission itself and edit the "mission.sqm" and manually set a class from CIV to GUER,IND,WEST,EAST. (pick one)

Also, note that it would save alot of time if you did this at the END of your mission making process. Otherwise, everytime you open the mission it will revert back to its original or other objects.

Name for Functionary (brown) = Functionary2
    Functionary (black) = Functionary1
    (Within the mission.sqm)

Good luck

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It is much easier to group them to a higher ranking unit of the side you wish to be, and then just put in the condition of presence for that 'dummy' unit as false.

Comment

Ha! I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X