New Mission Dev Task

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mission Dev Task

Ok guys, now that you have a new leader. Lets see what you can do!

Your mission:

Work up the next Sunday Event Mission

Mission outlines are up to you guys, as well as # of slots. Its your baby make us proud. With that I turn it over to Fin.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: New Mission Dev Task

a note on this... lets put the cap to around 50 or 55. the theme i would like to see is either a hard ass BHD remake or a jungle drug lord one. :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Ok since none was on TS right now I'll kick up the process here.
      My outlines for the event mission:
      • WORKS
        Too many events have been spoiled recently because of sudden crashes and other problems. The mission was not to blame in most cases, but it is one area where WE can "get it right".
      • Is fun yet challenging
        Event missions are one of the rare occasions where we get 50+ guys on the server, so let's try to make it fun for them. I know it's impossible to please everyone and in fact that shouldn't even be attempted, but if we manage to please most then I count it as a victory. They also tend to be more organized than the everynight coops, so this can be reflected in the complexity and difficulty. Also in my opinion missions expected to take longer than an hour need some sort respawn if they're played at an event, as people do sign up to play there and not just watch. It does not have to be and imho should not always be the "wait 30 sec, spawn at base" type of respawn, but something that punishes for dying at least a little.
      • Utilizes the new ACE2 and CAA1 content to a reasonable extent
        Gotta be careful with this one. New content is there to be used and should be used, but going overboard can make it too hard for the players. Let's face it, only a fraction of them actually take time and learn to use all the new equipment and other systems that come with for example ACE updates.
      • Coop or Tvt
        Personally I would REALLY like to see a Tvt-event. 95% of the events are coops anyway, and on top of that TvTs tend to be more stable and smoother running than coops. That is something we really need right now. I guess this is something that has to be discussed with the admin team too though, so admin team, what do you say?

Anyone got good ideas, agree disagree with the points above? Even more importantly, does anyone have a mission already in the works that YOU think should be played at an event? If so post up your ideas and we'll shoot them down :)
      I'm gonna be the first to say I've got a suitable mission, a ~50 player coop based on Swagger but fixed and moved to Avgani, practically done, but I'll let a few other guys post before going on about it. Also note that I'm currently not aware of the exact date of the next event, but in any case my deadline for the "final" version of the mission is going to be the Friday before the event, 2400ish GMT. More on that later. At that point there should be no new features added to the mission, just bugfixes. That way we'll have a few days to perfect it and finally get a smooth event.

Comment

nicely said fin. as regards to tvt events o see no harm in telling you and idea that is floating around the admins.

have a co-op event 1 time a month and allow 2 weeks to publises the event

now what about the huge gap between the next event? easy :) tgitvt Friday or thank god it's tvt Friday:) once a month like the co-op this would mean an event every 2 weeks :)

Comment

Thats very catchy

"TvTF" and "Sunday Signups"
          ^(tvt friday)

I agree with everything you said fin...Lets do this thing. I think we have enough Dev Team guys to be able to split it up and work on TvTF and Sunday Signups for February.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

For TvTs, I think this would be very appropriate in an event setting (and its unplayed as far as I know, but theres no complex scripts,ect):

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tical-tvt.html

I'm not really even suggesting this mission specifically, but something in the same vein.
            Last edited by Sam Hoy; 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I like it sam...lets buff it up, ACE it up (if needed) and get it ready to rock!

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Its ACE ready (with medical system and all) as of a few versions ago.

Heres the link: http://www.x-plane.org/home/samhoy/[TG]Operation_Panther48v1.Chernarus.pbo

I'm without an ARMA2 computer right now so my ability to change/update it is limited. It should be entirely playable now, but here's a few minor things that might need dealing with:
                1.Update to new TG standards, like naming and title sequence.
                2.Any ACE things that broke with the new update (shouldn't be any, but you never know).
                3.Spectator script, should work but its the only thing I couldn't properly test.
                4.Make sure the PLA units work on TG, they weren't working when it was created.
                5.Expand player count as necessary, not sure what the new servers can handle and it depends of what player count is expected. Should be very easily scalable.

Comment

I have two TvT missions almost read as well, event quality 66 player missions. I can have them ready tomorrow.

Comment

Alright Fin, its your show. You give us the missions that you stamp off on......We arent going to run your office. *hands fin the keys* just make sure to top it off when you get back :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

i would like to see not an influx but a little more TvT where the whole or the majority of the island is used. have the two factions start on either side with some assetes, have the assets spawn a limited number of times, ala Project reality.... is this possible???

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

It's possible sure, the challenge is anything island-wide tends to need lots of players to work properly. Having lots of assets basically dictates that. Event then there can really be maybe one or two contested areas at a time so that the players aren't spread too thinly. For events that could work, but such missions would be rarely played as a part of the normal cycle. IIRC we had or even still have one such mission set on Podagorsk(Operation Mercury?), and it was great fun with 40+ players and proper command structure.

Thanks for the offers Falcon and Sam. Sam, I'll take a look at your mission and can update it anyway even if it doesn't make it into the event. Falcon, if you could give me a heads up when you consider those missions ready, and we'll arrange a testing-session. No word on the next event yet, so in the absence of any other information let's try to get the mission nailed down by the end of the week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X