Questions on a Mission I created for TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on a Mission I created for TG

Some time ago, I created a mission for TG called Vodka Ambush. This was before ACE, and I had a few questions. The mission had three squads, who at first divided up into three task groups (one defense, two convoy ambush), and then at the end combined into one large defense force.

First, is my mission still on the server or did you guys purge all non-ACE-tagged/old missions at some point? Does it need to be tagged as ACE and if so, is there a primer on converting a mission anywhere?

Second, was my mission ever even played? I never saw it myself, but I don't play as often as I would like. I searched and never found mention of it on the forums, but if it was played and if there was an AAR are two different things...

The reason I thought of this was that I've been playing it with a few friends on a private server and we've been having more fun with this mission than other public user missions, even though we are vastly undermanning it (and consequently getting wiped out).

I still think people on TG would enjoy it and was wondering if it was worth it to convert/reupload it?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Re: Questions on a Mission I created for TG

Originally posted by cheesenoggin View Post
    Some time ago, I created a mission for TG called Vodka Ambush. This was before ACE, and I had a few questions. The mission had three squads, who at first divided up into three task groups (one defense, two convoy ambush), and then at the end combined into one large defense force.

First, is my mission still on the server or did you guys purge all non-ACE-tagged/old missions at some point? Does it need to be tagged as ACE and if so, is there a primer on converting a mission anywhere?

Second, was my mission ever even played? I never saw it myself, but I don't play as often as I would like. I searched and never found mention of it on the forums, but if it was played and if there was an AAR are two different things...

The reason I thought of this was that I've been playing it with a few friends on a private server and we've been having more fun with this mission than other public user missions, even though we are vastly undermanning it (and consequently getting wiped out).

I still think people on TG would enjoy it and was wondering if it was worth it to convert/reupload it?

Thanks for any help in advance :)
    I remember it most the time the ambush would be botched and either the truck would speed past or a misfire caused the LAv to blow us up.yeah i remember it but i cant ever remember it actually being completed when i played it.
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

I remember playing it a decent number of times and it was quite fun. I believe all the missions were deleted off of the servers when TG moved on to ACE 2. If you still have the mission you could simply add in a couple of the ACE features are resubmit it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistolfied View Post
        couple of the ACE features are resubmit it.
        Would one of those features be putting the ACE wounding into a modual.... how do you implement the wounding system into the mission?
        |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
        Looms but the Horror of the shade,
        And yet the menace of the years
        Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

It's really simple, you just add in the module and give the players the ace medical equipment (or just plop down one of the ace medical boxes). Also, make sure you don't have any of the vanilla wounding system in there as the ACE system functions without it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I played it several times, but I think it was purged a couple of months ago when ACE2 hit the scene. Fun mission.

I had wiki'ed about 25% of the missions on the server before the purge, there were probably more than 100 on the server at one point (many non-TG).

Comment

Thanks for the replies :)

Sounds like its worth updating (and maybe make the ambushes a bit easier now with supposed AI driving improvements in 1.05)

Comment

Originally posted by Pistolfied View Post
                It's really simple, you just add in the module and give the players the ace medical equipment (or just plop down one of the ace medical boxes). Also, make sure you don't have any of the vanilla wounding system in there as the ACE system functions without it.
                Thanks for the help :)
                |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                And yet the menace of the years
                Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                  I played it several times, but I think it was purged a couple of months ago when ACE2 hit the scene. Fun mission.

I had wiki'ed about 25% of the missions on the server before the purge, there were probably more than 100 on the server at one point (many non-TG).
                  I was wondering about the mission wikification project a few days ago. Did it ever move off the SM-only wiki? I'd be interested in contributing some entries, as it's starting to become hard to know what kind of missions we have on the server with the recent influx of mission makers.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesenoggin View Post
                    Thanks for the replies :)

Sounds like its worth updating (and maybe make the ambushes a bit easier now with supposed AI driving improvements in 1.05)
                    Please do, we are in need of missions. And make sure your mission gets uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by cctoide View Post
                      I was wondering about the mission wikification project a few days ago. Did it ever move off the SM-only wiki? I'd be interested in contributing some entries, as it's starting to become hard to know what kind of missions we have on the server with the recent influx of mission makers.
                      It's still on the SM-only wiki. On top of that, the TG wiki has been down for three days.

I'm fairly close to moving everything Arma-related to a wiki somewhere else. The SM-only wiki is a stupid idea.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X