Afrene's Awakening updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afrene's Awakening updates

My first mission was uploaded last night and we went ahead and played it. It went much better than I was expecting, we almost filled up all the slots. Some bugs and other problems came up, and I'm more or less done fixing all the ones I wrote down.

V2 changelog:

- Added a MASH tent at FOB Triton with enough medical supplies to keep everyone walking on sunshine till the war's over
    - Removed desertion timer from all vehicles (this is what was making them disappear, apparently randomly, when nobody was inside them)
    - Fastropes added to helicopters (minus the AH-6), as per Scope's suggestion; rope box added by the helipads
    - Everyone will now spawn with compasses, as usual
    - Added satchels to one of the ammoboxes at the FOB
    - Position of some enemy waiting points tweaked slightly to prevent enemies at one objective from interfering with others, since Duala is so small
    - Removed unused parts of F2 (which was most of it), mission size down to roughly 370KB (mission.sqm is over 1/3 of the total size)

If there was anything else anyone noticed, please let me know so I can fix as much stuff as possible for V2.

I also had to leave just after we cleared Nubak, so I'd like to know how things went from there. Particularly, whether you guys finished it, whether the end trigger worked, AH-6 unlocked when it was meant to, Bolabongo chopper triggered properly, etc.. Thanks.

Edit: azzwort tells me it crashed when people were going to Bolabongo for the final attack. This has me stumped as there isn't that much custom scripting for this beyond the stuff that does the loadouts at start. Can anyone shed some light on what went wrong specifically?
    Last edited by cctoide; 01-29-2010, 05:48 PM.

Re: Afrene's Awakening updates

Choose either ACEs medic module or ArmAs own. Do not mix the two.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I do not believe the crash was because of the mission but rather because a player connected running a different mod? Talk to Scope, he knows the details about why it might have possibly crashed.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

what the SLX mod? He disconnected and changed our Yomas TG update tool.
        Scope?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
          Choose either ACEs medic module or ArmAs own. Do not mix the two.
          Sorry, could you expand on that? ArmA medical should be off, there are no First Aid modules placed in this mission, just the ACE Wounding one.

If you mean the MASH I'm adding, it should be the one that just works like an ammobox and has all the ACE medical supplies, not the standard one you can magically heal at.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
            what the SLX mod? He disconnected and changed our Yomas TG update tool.
            Scope?
            Scope as in the player Sc[ + ]pe. Don't remember what exactly he said, but he mentioned about a file from a different mod that might have conflicted with ACE.

Comment

We played the new version of this mission yesterday with almost 30 people - twas fun. The new changes are appreciated.

Comment

I have to agree. Very fun tactical mission. Loved it! One of my favorites on TG.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for playing and posting feedback on this mission.

V3 should be up on the server shortly. This should finally let you complete the mission successfully without any hitches. I removed the probable source of the "magic missiles" that killed your convoy last weekend, as reported by Krause.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X