No announcement yet.

HELP!!! How to create custom units???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! How to create custom units???

So, receiving a rude "There will be no Iraq units in ace2" answer at ACE2 DEVHEAVEN about my sugestion of importing ace1 Iraq Republican Guard units, or evem the design of a new one, made me get insterested in making them.

Can anyone be gentle enough to help me get started? I have only some experience in mission editing....

Biologist, MSc. - PhD Student

AMD Phenon II x4 2,8GHz
    GTX260 Black Edition
    ASUS M4A78
    4GB RAM Corsair Dominator KIT 1066Mhz
    MTEK 650W (460 for real) brave power supplie
    500 GB 7200 RPM HD
    LCD Samsung 20

Re: HELP!!! How to create custom units???

Might have better luck asking for few thousand dollars. As far as time and effort goes, that's how much they would go for. Its not an easy task, and don't be surprised if someone doesn't want to spend hours of their time for something that is free in the first place.

I suggest you look at the BI tools on the Wiki, if you got a better grasp by exploring yourself, you might understand the task better.

There are three (?) people you need for a unit: one for the model, one for the skin, and one to compile. Rarely does anyone have the time to do all three, so your best bet is recruiting help.

Using the BIS ArmA1 Sample models SLA soldiers, one could probably rebuilt the Iraqi units, if I recall correctly that's how they were created in the first place.

The models looked pretty similar as the ArmA1 Iraqi units had the distinctive sla shovel at the back and russian style helmet, which would limit the job to configurating and editing textures with very little model adjustments such as e.g. adding ArmA2 hands and heads.

Stargate Mod / Random stuff

I will gently take you by the hand.. and swing your ass around to the ground and put you in a choke hold! Now! You wanna make custom units eh? Iraq units you say eh? Well, get your butt over to the Bi forums, start reading there in the mods and addons section. Also, check out the addons and mods forums in the website Finally, start looking at the bi wiki for addon info.

Cause boy, if you ain't a gonna read.. you ain't a gonna make no addons. And if i ever catch you in this neighborhood again ask'in about addons AND you have not read anything.. I'll tan your hide!
          Last edited by GeneralCarver; 02-08-2010, 05:49 PM. Reason: more to say!
          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed