Mission Making Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Making Help

just some questions from a lone struggling mission maker(a noobish one at that)

1.how do i add respawn in a zone with thier current weapons ?

2.How do i write the briefing ive absoulty no idea how to

3.And my last point How do i slow down the spawn of units for a defence mission ?

Thanks in advance to you guys now i really think that you mission makers are great (or im just rubbish)
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Re: Mission Making Help

I can answer questions 2 & 3 for you

You should check out Briefing Manager. Its a program that will help you write the briefs for your missions. I use it as well as others. It can be found at Armaholic.com. I would link you but work computers are fail.

You should check out Norrins Repsawn script. It allows you to set respawn points, number of respawns, and the time delay. Its also and Armaholic.com. See above for details regarding a lack of links in this post...

Hope that helps a little. :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

It takes scripting work. What script are you using to spawn units? that script would need to be modified. This could be substantial help. I recommend not trying missions involving this if your not at that level yet. Try maybe putting all the waves on the map and sync their 1st waypoint with a trigger which is set to monitor the conditions when they should attack. This would simulate waves.
      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

#1: Check other threads in the forum (answers there)
        #2: Google it, Wiki it, BIS it. (Briefing editor exists too)
        #3: Use a simple script. Something along the lines of using "if" and ">" and "not alive" in a trigger covering the AO.

Best of luck!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Hashassin View Post
          1.how do i add respawn in a zone with thier current weapons ?
          Fincuan wrote a script to preserve weapons after a unit dies, keepgear.sqf

It's here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1441313

(late response, but thought it might help)

Comment

Thanks everyone i think i understand it much better from just simple trial and error and playing around and also your explanations
            To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X