IED Scripting Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IED Scripting Help

Can anyone here help me out with an IED script. I have found several but I am wondering if its possible to add in a player action that lets them set the IED and then trigger it....

Any and all help I can get would be awesome!

v/r
    Dredge

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: IED Scripting Help

you are stilll banned from IED's dredge

Comment

That last one wasnt my fault. It was a medium explosion. Its just everyone on the ground decided to stand on top of it and get blown up and overload the medic module. It was the CO's fault for not telling them to stay in the vehiclles after I mentioned to him several times that they would all get killed. AND as I recall you where the CO. So its your fault. That being said......

~Back on track.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Come on, I was 50 meters away from that and still got killed, so while that IED might have been realistic in size it wasn't very good for gameplay. You can't put stuff like that into a mission and expect players know to stay away from that. If you don't script your way around something that can screw up a mission/crash the server you can be sure the players will activate it sooner or later, no matter how big the letters saying DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON are.

edit: That said I've had pretty good experiences with trying to imitate EFPs with a script. I made an FSM that can be used to set-up pretty much any type of IED, with the main goal being ir-sensor triggered EFP ieds. It currently has no interface to actually set-up the IED manually, ie. only mission makers can use it atm, but something like that could be built fairly quickly. The new ACE armor system makes this interesting gameplay-wise, because armored vehicles can now be disabled without killing everyone inside. Just make the IED "fire" a SABOT warhead, like 120mm SABOT, and it'll penetrate anything unarmored or lightly armored(Strykers) without making a huge explosion. This gives the players at least some kind of change to save their skin even if the vehicle goes fubar. I'll try to get this into a releasable form at some point. The only thing that lacks is large-scale MP-testing.

Comment

I agree, however, the mission was to drive through the town not walk through and I had to make it big enough to kill the bradley but small enough to not kill the guys on the inside.

I get it, to big. NOW HELP ME MAKE IT BETTER DAMMIT!!! lol.. This one is only going to be one satchel size. I promise no more nuke IED's. Although I will say that they played that mission later that night and went all the way through no problems. Again, I blame the CO.

@Fin

There was also an arty attack that started right after the IED so it could have been that as well. ANYWAY, yeah if you could help me out that would be great. If nothing else I can give the OPFOR one satchel a piece but that can wipe out an entire fire team quick. I guess thats a good thing and will stress teamplay and proper spacing but I dont know....It can either be really awesome or make everyone hate me again..........

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

well your wrong for one, I had them stay in the vehicles, if I remember correctly I had them going all the way north evading the main road, ya know like real life, and you asked me for 'Mission Purposes" to change my plan, if I remember correctly Socom was convoy commander. I have all the mission brief slides still if you need a reminder.

Comment

be that as it may

back on track

Need help with an IED script

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X