TvT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT

i would like to have several different levels of TvT maps of large scale but with a twist. have one team have several objectives they have to defend (radar tower, shipment of weapons/dregs, VIP) allow them to have 2-3 squads and then the attacking team have 1 small squad. hopefully try and enduce patrols for the defending team so attacking team can either penatrate by stealth or guns or whatever but award neg and pos points or benifits for tasks done or failed.

?? i would love to start bouncing ideas off you guys and start stiring some action in this forum!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: TvT

I find, in general, trying to force players into guard duty doesn't work so well. If they don't have contact or some other form of action in about 20 minutes, attention wanes, and they will look at other more interesting objectives. So, the smaller squad will most likely wait out until the guards get bored, then strike wherever they left unguarded.

Flipside is that you could keep it to 1 objective to guard, but over a wider area, so all players are actively defending a large area, but still plenty of room for the smaller squad to sneak around.

Comment

I like it. We need to get the Devs on TS to start spit balling Ideas. I am sending all of you an open invitation to join the Admin Team on Saturday for Admin Commanders Call on TS so we can talk about future missions

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Open invitations attached to brooms. :P
        Kidding, you guys better show up. This is your chance of talking direct to admins!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Just to add to what beta has already said, not only do players not like setting up static defenses, 2-3 squads defending 2-3 objectives against one attacking squad is a poor proportion for the attackers to have a chance. In general the rule is to have 1.5 as many attackers to defenders so 1 squad on 1 squad for 1 objective will either result in a quick attacker defeat or such a significant weakening of the attackers they cannot complete any other objectives. Obviously, different assets and loadouts can tip this equilibrium but this still needs to be considered carefully. Giving the attackers optics could help, but it will make the defense sniper bait which is boring.

I've made lots of different TvT missions with equally different levels of success, I've sort of gathered a collection of rules for creating fun/balanced TvT, maybe I'll write up a rough guide for TvT mission makers.

Comment

Looks like you just volunteered to be in the Commanders Call Sam......Please come fill us in on what you know and I know I and some of the other admins will pick your brain for info regarding good tvt.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Sure, I'll do whatever I can, but I'm 2,000mi from my ARMA2 machine now.

I'll make a 1-2 page TvT guide. I'll post a rough version in this forum for critique, make revisions as per suggestions and then maybe it can be posted in the general missions forums just as a FYI for TG TvT mission makers.

Comment

You know, we should consider adding A.I. to play certain parts in a mission. Like, if you want patroling.. why not put a.I. groups out patroling. If you want reinforcements to smash an area.. make it a.i. controlled. Make TvT seem like its part of something bigger.. use A.I.

this has been a GeneralCarver Public Editing Service Announcement.
                Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

dude that is a great idea throw a mixture in there thats great

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Are you talking about using AI for more of a "dramatic" feel in the TvT mission Carver?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X