O how I wish I could make this work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O how I wish I could make this work

I think it would take way to much time to get all the moveable parts to work right. I just got done rendering this. the more and more I think about it tho It would be cool.

Re: O how I wish I could make this work

Thats awesome. TBCVAMP keep it up

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

i beleive you need the o2 editor and you need to rig it in there to the moveable parts etc so that arma2 knows what parts are what

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
        i beleive you need the o2 editor and you need to rig it in there to the moveable parts etc so that arma2 knows what parts are what
        Yep, but the problem is that it is obviously bigger than a human so you can't use the standard skeleton setup and animations (if you create it as "soldier class") as with using standard soldier anims the animations of the mechsuit would be screwed up, totally misproportonial.

I once created a basic children model for testing based on a scaled down ArmA1 civilian model, but it looked more like a monster than a human being when walking, e.g. the arms were twice as long. I had only success by scaling the children to teenager size (about 1 head smaller than the soldier).

Well, and since BIS are not exactly sharing "much" (infact none I guess) insight on how to create a new skeleton and animations and I've yet to encounter tutorials for their creation, I doubt that'll change in the future. The only user to succesfully create new non-static animations for ArmA1 was Teacup.

The possible way to do this would be to create it as a vehicle and apply custom O2 animations, but you would have to be really badass, only a few mods managed to get walking mechs, e.g. the Tiberian Genesis mod for ArmA1/OFP. So, getting this thing walkable? It is, you would need the proper minds though.

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
        Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

O how I wish you could make this work too... I didn't realize BIS were so tight with their animations resources, I guess they're trying to protect some niche for themselves?

Comment

I think the Avatar powered armor was cooler than Matrix's, but It would really kick ass if I could fly the Avatar Helicopter, that thing is one badass mother

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
              I think the Avatar powered armor was cooler than Matrix's, but It would really kick ass if I could fly the Avatar Helicopter, that thing is one badass mother

Google Warehouse has some models allready on this, so one would need to find a proper poly one, some of the stuff there is way to high detailed to be used in ArmA.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...3&prevstart=12
              http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...m&prevstart=12
              http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...m&prevstart=12

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
              Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

Ya I got a animator on it. I thought this would be a bit easier than trying to build a inside and out side of a mod. We are working on it. Iin front of you will be a Computer; and we are thinking of trying to add one that has mortars. Sky thx for the heads up man. mite take us a few months to make it work but will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post

look alot like hornets in halo 3 to me or im still playing it in my mind (non stop gaming kills cells:( )
                  To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Great. Mech Warrior has made it into ArmA 2. Good luck with that brother. hahaha!
                    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Well it is looking better and better. Just trying to get the Poly count down.In 2 weeks we should have it moveing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X