* TEST DATE: 3/8/2010
    * MISSION NAME: CO20_SOCOM_Hacienda_V1
    * FILE NAME: CO20_SOCOM_Hacienda_V1.isladuala.pbo
    * VERSION: v1
    * MODS: TG mods
    * TvT or CoOp: COOP
    * # PLAYER SLOTS: 20
    * DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.filefront.com/15743807/CO....isladuala.pbo

* TEST DESCRIPTION: Force_Majeure would like to hold the mission, until he puts few more scripts and update gameplay. In my opinion mission is good to go, because is playable and I didn't have problems with getting it done. Very climatic NAVY SEAL style mission, where staying silent is a key to success.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* MISSION NAME: OP_TheDayAfter
    * FILE NAME: TvT48Op_TheDayAfter_V1.0.afghan_village.pbo
    * TvT or CoOp: TvT
    * # PLAYER SLOTS: 48
    * DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/213...an_village.pbo

* TEST DESCRIPTION: As Force_Majeure said, we didn't have problems with mission stability. Objectives are being updated on each of sides task list, mission ends when objectives are completed or after time of 2 hours.
    I will add that mission works very smooth. JIP briefing issue was fixed. I created markers on the side of the map with objectives for JIP's. Force_Majeure thinks its good to go.

Re: Missions test 3

Great testing today Mike! We both got a lot of good work done.

I want to open my post with tonight's intro: "The Day After" made by Mike. The mission was very stable from a technical standpoint and is certain to have huge combat "hot spots" over key objectives when the mission goes up on the server! I can't say very much without getting a whole lot away, but it is pretty amazing how smooth it runs considering how many objects are on the map and a seemingly bandwidth demanding surprise (which I will not give away)! I can easily give my stamp of approval for Mike's mission which is certain to have fun and concentrated firefights over the "contested" areas while contently feeding the appetite of pilots and mechanized forces.

After testing "The Day After", Mike was gracious enough to test my first installation of my "SOCOM" series, which emphasizes stealth, Escape and Evasion techniques, and lethality beyond anything else. The inspiration for this series was the "SOCOM" PS2 games, which in my opinion, were some of the most tactical, stealth, and fun games ever. If you don't know this series, its based on real life Navy SEAL ops (HVT extraction, demolition, recon, etc.)

Mike helped me test my first version, which ran extremely well from a technical standpoint! I'd have to say its the first time ever a mission of mine was a technical success on the first try! Anyway, I noticed some things I could clean up such as an automatic "HVT loader" into the chopper that would make the players' job easier. I also added original sound clips from the female HQ voice from the SOCOM games when obj's are completed to give the mission a more authentic and immerse feel.

I have finished this SOCOM mission and am planning to make about 2 or 3 more. To quickly generalize about the series, there is always two storylines in the mission: one storyline if the SEAL platoon remains undetected or another storyline if they are detected. Players should attempt to hold their fire until they infiltrate the enemy compound or objective, where they are authorized and safe to "make a little noise" and clear the obj out. If the SEALs remain stealth, their chances for survival and success are relatively high if they use good coordination and teamwork. If detected, the SEAL team will face overwhelming odds: ambushes, mortar strikes, IEDs, and everything disastrous for a botched stealth mission! In every SOCOM mission of mine, there are two paths the mission can go, all depending on the discipline of the players who must use foliage and silence to sneak up on the enemy and strike them when they least expect it.

The following is a link to the much improved and authentic "SOCOM" experience: CO20_SOCOM_Hacienda_v2

http://www.filefront.com/15781799/CO....isladuala.pbo

Thanks!

Force
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

wow, both sound amazing. i can't wait to try these!

Comment

Just to remind you guys that if it is your mission that is being tested. Make sure that the mission works.
        No broken JIP scripts or missing TG intros or anything that is fundamentally missing or broken.
        We are all members of the Mission Dev team here and I for one don't want to be embarrassed by our silly mistakes on the public servers. Also we will look silly if we didn't set the basic benchmarks/requirements for the missions and we reject the missions by the public for the same reasons.

If it's your mission that needs testing or need help, ask fellow Mission Dev team members either here in the forum with the relevant topic or in TS3 Mission Editing channel. You can also consult with non Dev members with their expertise.

Keep up the good job gents!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I think it would be best if we do not test/approve our own missions.

I am really looking forward to those two missions, btw! Keep up the good work! =)

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

I think we are bound to run into this problem no matter what, especially now that I am making the Dev Team work.

New Rule:

You can play test your own mission IF and ONLY IF you have other people with you. You must still provide the same Q&A that you would to player missions. You may write a bug report for it but you may not give it the "Approval Stamp" by yourself.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              I think we are bound to run into this problem no matter what, especially now that I am making the Dev Team work.

New Rule:

You can play test your own mission IF and ONLY IF you have other people with you. You must still provide the same Q&A that you would to player missions. You may write a bug report for it but you may not give it the "Approval Stamp" by yourself.
              I know, this is why I had Force_Majeure with me to help. He was the only one who was willing to test the mission.

Comment

I will be on later, we need to Q&A the other missions that where submitted.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

*forges Dredge's stamp*...

KIDDING! Srsly!
                  But jokes aside, "Don't Mess With Texas!" ... actually this is better "Don't Mess with Drexas!"
                  ;)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post

* MISSION NAME: OP_TheDayAfter
                    * FILE NAME: TvT48Op_TheDayAfter_V1.0.afghan_village.pbo
                    * TvT or CoOp: TvT
                    * # PLAYER SLOTS: 48
                    * DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/213...an_village.pbo

* TEST DESCRIPTION: As Force_Majeure said, we didn't have problems with mission stability. Objectives are being updated on each of sides task list, mission ends when objectives are completed or after time of 2 hours.
                    I will add that mission works very smooth. JIP briefing issue was fixed. I created markers on the side of the map with objectives for JIP's. Force_Majeure thinks its good to go.
                    I had to change link, because speedyshare upload messed up files name, this is why it was not showing up on server. So, now, mission is packed with rar, here is the new link:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/213...an_village.rar

Comment

You should re-update your link in the mission submission thread so that admins don't have to go through multiple thread in order to get the newest update of your mission. I'm looking forward to this mission. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
                        You should re-update your link in the mission submission thread so that admins don't have to go through multiple thread in order to get the newest update of your mission. I'm looking forward to this mission. Keep up the good work!
                        I wish that it was possible, but its not :). It won't let me. I will just send PM to Dredge, ACOG and Boon.

Comment

Oops, I meant to say re-post in the submission thread ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
                            Oops, I meant to say re-post in the submission thread ;)
                            It was locked :). Jack Bauer took care of it already :).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X