Second Dev Team Assignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Dev Team Assignment

This next mission is going to start in Korkovo and will start with having to defend the city for 15-30 mins. After that, it will be an armor push through the counter attack to secure the next northern city.

Start spit balling ideas I want to begin work by wednesday.

Everyone will share the work load, and everyones contributions will be in the mission as long as they are within the mission standard

LOADOUTS- M4's with OPTICS

Mission will be in the day time. We will maintain ammo crates with no weapons and only ammo.

OPFOR loadouts will be what they start with when they are put on the map.

TOTAL MISSION TIME= NO MORE THAN 2 HOURS

*Begin Discussion*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Second Dev Team Assignment

Well here is my idea:
    BLUFOR - 41 players
    1 Marine Armed Recon Platoon:
    3xLAV (3 man crew and 6 man infantry squad)=27 Men
    1xHUMMV-M240 (5 man weapons section)=5 men
    1xHUMMV-M240 (5 man command section)=5 men
    Air Element:
    1xAH-6 = 1 man
    1xAV8B Iron bombs = 1 man
    1xF35 = 1 man
    1xUH-60 = 1 man

IND - 19 players
    Some irregular militia

Here is how that works:
    The Marines start in Korkovo and have 10 minutes to fortify it with some basic defensive supplies,ect. Then an AI onslaught will begin and the blufor must hold the town for 15 minutes, there will be some light mortars and some jeeps. But the main body of the advance is AI infantry. In this 25-minute fight the IND human players spawn at a city north of Korkovo, the IND are a separatist militia intent on setting up their region as an independent nation state. Therefore, they are hostile to both blufor and opfor. Initially they are poorly equipped, but an opfor convoy going to support the opfor counterattack on blufor is luckily traveling through their area. Therefore in the first 25 minutes it will be their objective to ambush the convoy and use the weapons and supplies to defend their town. Once blufor defeats the opfor advance (after the first 25-minutes) they must push north and defeat the militia in their own town.

Comments?

Comment

So there would be two different sets of players? I think we should stick with COOP until we are half way through. Other than that though it looks good so far.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
        Well here is my idea:
        BLUFOR - 41 players
        Air Element:
        1xAH-6 = 1 man
        1xF35 = 1 man
        1xUH-60 = 1 man

IND - 19 players
        Some irregular militia

Here is how that works:
        The Marines start in Korkovo and have 10 minutes to fortify it with some basic defensive supplies,ect. Then an AI onslaught will begin and the blufor must hold the town for 15 minutes, there will be some light mortars and some jeeps. But the main body of the advance is AI infantry. In this 25-minute fight the IND human players spawn at a city north of Korkovo, the IND are a separatist militia intent on setting up their region as an independent nation state. Therefore, they are hostile to both blufor and opfor. Initially they are poorly equipped, but an opfor convoy going to support the opfor counterattack on blufor is luckily traveling through their area. Therefore in the first 25 minutes it will be their objective to ambush the convoy and use the weapons and supplies to defend their town. Once blufor defeats the opfor advance (after the first 25-minutes) they must push north and defeat the militia in their own town.

Comments?
        I would throw heavy counter attack with tanks, apcs and infantry. Give players some shooting at the beginning of the mission. Also, make them feel like it's not a summer trip.

Comment

So there would be two different sets of players? I think we should stick with COOP until we are half way through. Other than that though it looks good so far.
          So you want straight coop, because we talked a bit about this earlier and you seemed receptive to a limited TVT component

Comment

I think the TvT should be at the end. We can have it set up to where the final battle determines the overall campaign. One side against the other for all the marbles. :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Well here is my idea: v2
              BLUFOR - 54 players
              1 Special Forces ODA
              12 man team
              Air Element:
              2xAH-6 = 2 man
              1xF35 = 1 man
              1xUH-60 = 1 man

Heres how it now works:
              The Marine Recon is stationed in Korkovo, the ODA is stationed in a town/defensive position north of them. Within the first 10 minutes both the ODA and marine recon are counterattacked. The attack on the marines can be defeated if they hold their ground for 15 minutes, however, the ODA will be attacked continuously unless they are reinforced by the marines. Therefore, the Marines must mount up and rush to save the enbattled ODA. However, they face a treacherous route. There is respawn and helo resupply but if all 12 members of the ODA die the mission is failed. If/when the marines reinforce the ODA they must push forward and secure some objective.

Comments?

Comment

I like it. Lets break it apart and discuss the individual aspects of each part. Already taking a good start :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Ok well here's what I can think of off the top of my head,

General playable unit setup: Sam Hoy
                  Briefing: ?
                  Town fortifications (adding some enter-able buildings, defensive positions to each town, fortifying the route from Marines to ODA, ect): ?
                  Enemy AI and enemy scripting (ie making the attack waved for 15 minutes: ?
                  Light enemy mortar script: ?
                  Crew check script: ?
                  Ticket re-spawn system: ?
                  End mission logic: ?

Comment

Ticket re-spawn system:

Code:
                    // TICKET RE-SPAWN SYSTEM
                    // Purpose: monitors ticket count
                    // Locality: Client and Server
                    // Execution: [number of tickets, end type when tickets reach 0] execVM "TICKETS.sqf";

// Parameters passed
                    _num = _this select 0;
                    _endType = _this select 1;

if (isServer) then { PUB_VAR_TICKETS = _num; publicVariable "PUB_VAR_TICKETS"; };

// JIP Units
                    if (!isDedicated && isNull player) then { waitUntil { !isNull player }; };

// Function
                    fnc_EH_KILLED = 
                    {
                    	PUB_VAR_TICKETS = PUB_VAR_TICKETS - 1;
                    	publicVariable "PUB_VAR_TICKETS";
                    };

// Event handler added at the start of mission
                    if (!isDedicated) then { player addEventHandler ["KILLED", fnc_EH_KILLED]; };

// Start monitoring ticket count
                    while {true} do
                    {
                    	if (PUB_VAR_TICKETS <= 0) exitWith
                    	{
                    		endMission _endType;
                    	};
                    	sleep 60;
                    };

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Briefing: ?
                      Town fortifications (adding some enter-able buildings, defensive positions to each town, fortifying the route from Marines to ODA, ect): ?
                      Ticket re-spawn system: Snake
                      Medevac system: Me to an extent

Comment

I will work up the brief. I dont know about a crew check for vehicles. What happens if they disconnect or something and a Rifleman needs to jump in? Not shooting it down just trying to think outside the box.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

In terms of crew check, with a three man crew, even if one man disconnects the crew can still function and if two disconnect the squad can still be transported/over watched. I don't love the idea of a rifleman just jumping in and gunning a LAV. To me it would be abused far more often than it will be used because the squad is in dire straights. Moreover, we should still have crew check for the air assets I think.

Also, we need to brainstorm ideas on how to make a medevac system workable. Maybe something like, bandages can only be applied within a certain radius of a 'field hospital' or some such.

Finally, would anyone be against using Bradleys instead of LAVs?

Briefing: Dredge
                          Ticket re-spawn system: Snake
                          Medevac system: Me to an extent

Comment

I see what you are getting at. So, yes. Crew check it up. Brads would be fine as long as the enemy they have to shoot can be destroyed by them. Medevac would be awesome, moreso if we can work in the use of stretchers

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I see what you are getting at. So, yes. Crew check it up. Brads would be fine as long as the enemy they have to shoot can be destroyed by them. Medevac would be awesome, moreso if we can work in the use of stretchers
                              How about this:
                              Medics get stretchers epi and morphine, but NO ONE gets bandages, but there is a magic healing M113 back at the main base (it can't be moved) Therefore, those that are injured can be treated temporarily but must get evacuated to the hospital via MH-60 to prevent bleeding out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X