Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mission naming style? - check out my idea (discussion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mission naming style? - check out my idea (discussion)

Based on my experience, I figured out, that we could change mission naming for this style:

ex.
    CO38(24)Op_Wolverine_v1.02

CO38 - number of players slots
    (24) - recommended amount of players

What I'm saying is that often, smaller missions are being picked, leaving small number of open slots for potential JIP's. It's caused by people thinking that big number of players means huge mission. This is not always true, for example, I'm usually adding lots of slots to the mission, so more players can join as game goes on.

Most of the times, you need only half of the slots filled to be able play and enjoy the game.
    Here is when the (24) comes in. This would tell players, that 24 people is enough to beat the mission.

Let me know what you think about my idea. Should we make changes to mission naming system?

Re: New mission naming style? - check out my idea (discussion)

This will not work as some of the mission name will get cut off in game as will the version number.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
      This will not work as some of the mission name will get cut off in game as will the version number.
      We should force players to create shorter names for missions then.

Comment

lol nah the systme we have now works buddy, we can maybe revisit this with the admins

Comment

We could add in sizes with letters maybe?

S- small mission, dont need all the slots
          M-medium mission, need most of the slots
          L-Large mission, need all the slots
          XXXXL-ZOMG BRING IN THE RESERVES WE GONNA DIE!

CO38M_Op_Wolverine_v1.02

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            We could add in sizes with letters maybe?

S- small mission, dont need all the slots
            M-medium mission, need most of the slots
            L-Large mission, need all the slots
            XXXXL-ZOMG BRING IN THE RESERVES WE GONNA DIE!

CO38M_Op_Wolverine_v1.02
            That would work.

Comment

I like the size system (S-M-L)

Also, I think the number of recommended players should be written in the mission description as well as if it is JIP or not. I've found out alot of missions doesn't tell if they are JIP or if they ain't.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

I think the way it is now works fine.

Comment

Oh guys, come on, why you are so hard? its two more signs to add into the mission. It would be easier for people to pick mission.
                  I don't know how many times me and others had to convince people to pick the mission, because after looking on number, they think its too big. Of course, person picking the mission will be arguing that we don't have 40 people etc..., even if we don't need to.

Lets make it mandatory to write it in mission description then.

Size system (S-M-L) would work also.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_262 View Post
                    I think the way it is now works fine.
                    Mikee does raise an interesting point though. I know even as an admin when there is only 20 people on the server I wont pick a 40 or 50 player mission because I think all the slots are needed or its damn near impossible to do with only 20. This might actually help in getting more missions played.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                      Oh guys, come on, why you are so hard? its two more signs to add into the mission. It would be easier for people to pick mission.
                      I don't know how many times me and others had to convince people to pick the mission, because after looking on number, they think its too big. Of course, person picking the mission will be arguing that we don't have 40 people etc..., even if we don't need to.

Lets make it mandatory to write it in mission description then.

Size system (S-M-L) would work also.
                      I agree with this.

Some missions are difficult without close to the number of slots, while others are quite managable with half or even less than half of the max slots.

An immediate example is kovrov coast, we completed it yesterday with only 1 platoon in under 2.5 hours - while max slots is 60+.

As per xmaster, I do not agree that we should clunk JIP or other gameplay information into the title. Any good mission maker includes that in the lobby description line.

Most importantly:

Please do not purge missions which are currently on the server which do not adhere to any new naming scheme, they should be "grandfathered" with protection.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X