• Show
Clear All

• New forms for QA process

Mission QA Test Form

Mission Information:

* DATE: The date of submission
    * MISSION MAKER: EXACT FORUM NAME
    * MISSION NAME: What the mission is called
    * FILE NAME: This is normally different than the mission, we need the exact .pbo name. Please also name it something along the lines of CO37_FuzzyBunnyV4.aiaktalik.pbo. This tells out of game (on the server box) what the mission is about.
    * VERSION: Final Version #, we are not accepting missions that are in Beta and/or have not been tested on a dedicated server.
    * # PLAYER SLOTS: How many can play in game; min and Max
    * DOWNLOAD LINK: Where it is hosted
    * BRIEF DESCRIPTION: What it is all about
    * TEST GENERATION: # (DO NOT CHANGE THIS NUMBER. IT REFERS TO WHAT BATCH YOUR MISSION WILL BE TESTED WITH. Record this number for future reference.)

TEST DATE: Day Month Year
    TEST LOCATION: Server
    TESTER(S): Name(s)
    SLOTS TESTED:
    DURATION OF TEST:

TEST HISTORY:
    (give a brief synopsis of events)

QA Checklist:

1. Adherence to the TG mission naming standard: yes/no
    2. Adhere to the TG SOPs in regard to wholesomeness of material – i.e. no racist, offensive or otherwise unacceptable content: yes/no
    3. Contains a coherent briefing: yes/no
    4. Contains a coherent schema for gameplay: yes/no
    5. Loads and appears in the mission browser, without crashing: yes/no
    6. Is technically playable. I.e. playable framerates, not prone to headbug, no extremely loud sounds, does not desync server etc: yes/no
    7. Can pass a general examination: yes/no
    7a.Respawn, if implied to be a gameplay feature, works: yes/no
    7b.Objectives, if implied to be a gameplay feature, work: yes/no
    7c.ACE medical, if implied to be a gameplay feature, is enabled and medical supplies are made available to players: yes/no
    7d.Ammo crates, if present, contain appropriate equipment and ammo: yes/no
    7e.JIP, if implied to be a gameplay feature, works: yes/no
    7f.Is not prone to localization issues, i.e. the same group of enemies spawning for each client on the server: yes/no
    7g. Vehicle respawn, if implied to be a gameplay feature, works: yes/no
    7h.Players have weapons/ammo or can access weapons/ammo: yes/no
    7i. JIP/Respawn players adhere to this rule: yes/no
    7j. Slot screen does not include any test dummies or otherwise incoherent playable slots: yes/no

OTHER COMMENTS:

(include other observations which may be relevant for rejecting or accepting a mission on QA grounds)

JUDGMENT:

This mission (passes/fails) QA testing on the aforementioned terms.

AUTHENTICATION:
    I (name) hereby pledge to have faithfully executed QA trials to the best of my ability. If any aspect of this form is perjured I may face reprimand.

Re: New forms for QA process

New Test Generation Thread

* FILE NAME: This is normally different than the mission, we need the exact .pbo name. Please also name it something along the lines of CO37_FuzzyBunnyV4.aiaktalik.pbo. This tells out of game (on the server box) what the mission is about.
    * VERSION: Final Version #, we are not accepting missions that are in Beta and/or have not been tested on a dedicated server.
    * TEST GENERATION: # (DO NOT CHANGE THIS NUMBER. IT REFERS TO WHAT BATCH YOUR MISSION WILL BE TESTED WITH. Record this number for future reference.)

To continue for additional mission entries.
    Last edited by tyrspawn; 03-26-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Form for tester who participated in a QA trial but did not write the test report:

I, (name), AUTHENTICATE AS PER (reporter's name)'s REPORT, (month day year)

I (name) hereby pledge to have faithfully executed QA trials to the best of my ability. If any aspect of this form is perjured I may face reprimand.

[for those who do not have access to this forum, i.e. if outside testers are used, a message will be sent by that tester to the OIC with identical text. It is the reporter's responsibility to display the report to the tester before he authenticates.]
      Last edited by tyrspawn; 03-26-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Mission Submission Thread:

Mission Submission Template

Please use the following template when submitting your missions.

Mission Submission Rules

1. Unless you have 15 posts you cannot posts links. I cannot decipher cryptic links anymore. Please take part in the forums and in a matter of hours of decent posts, this will not be a issue anymore, plus you are goona be here a while anyway! Make the posts count though...

2. Use a recognized download service. Unless you are actually hosting it via your FTP server, use something I can access without having a account or wait. Me waiting 25 minutes for a download to begin will cause your mission to not get loaded. RapidShare, FileFront, You Send it are all fine. If you really are in a pinch, by all means PM me and we can work something out.

3. Test, test and test you mission prior to submitting it. I am getting inundated with faulty missions on the server. If you need help, by all means ask us to help you test it. We have a test server for this specific reason. Finding out when 40 people are in game that your mission is broke is totally unsat. If we get people that constantly submit broken missions, you will not be allowed to submit content.

4. Do not take offense if someone tries to help and gives advice on things that need to be fixed. That is the point of TG, we help each other out. If we tell you a trigger, objective, or something is broke in your mission, we want to help you fix it. I have no choice but to immediately remove any broken missions off the server. So if you see your work has been deleted, please ask why and there is probably a reason. Again, prime time with a full server is not the place to be testing stuff out.

5. TG reserves the right to not host any mission it does not want for any reason. We will make every effort to host your mission. However, if we do not host your mission, we will gladly explain what is the reasoning behind our decision. TG also reserves the right to alter these rules at any time.

6. Each submission must have a unique naming identifying the version. Will have to be able to see this to delete your old version.

7. Missions may not contain addons other than those supported by TG

Notice! All posts will be deleted once the mission has been uploaded to the server. This will help us track what needs to be uploaded. We will maintain a historical record of all missions posted.

Mission Naming Standard

The standard is as follows:

TvT47_MissionNameV1
        CO47_MissionNameV1

You will be messaged with the results of the QA test after a maximum period of 1 week after submission. If you do not receive a message from the QA department, please contact as per below.

For all QA concerns please contact Chris "tyrspawn" [include link to profile] Krause, the lead of testing and QA:

private message [include link to my profile]
        email: krause[email protected]
        msn: [email protected]
        gtalk: [email protected]
        aim: xScipiosDreamx
        xfire: tyrspawn

-Admin Team
        Last edited by tyrspawn; 03-26-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Missions to be accepted by admin thread:

(new post per generation):

QA HISTORY FOR GENERATION # 00/00/0000 - 00/00/0000 [m/d/y]

[a copy of each test report and authentication]

Comment

Naming methodology:

New test generation thread:

QA GENERATION # 00/00/0000 - 00/00/0000 [m/d/y]

New post for missions accepted thread:

QA HISTORY FOR GENERATION # 00/00/0000 - 00/00/0000 [m/d/y]
            Last edited by tyrspawn; 03-26-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X