My next mission Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next mission Project

so been away for awhile haven't had arma2 installed so couldn't exactly play with you guys :P

but anyways, while at work i had an idea for what I think will be(hopefully) and very fun, re playable, and challenging TvT map.

Now I know Tactical Gamer doesn't usually do TvT because it tends to end up in a points rush, but I think I have found a way to incorporate the thinking ability of a human opponent with the absolute need to work as a team to succeed.

******Basics

While running a scouting mission deep into enemy territory an AH1Z Cobra gunship was disabled and the pilot had to make an emergency landing not far from the AA infantry team that shot him down. The pilot radioed back to the LHD that both he and the gunner had survived with out injury but the man portable radios on board were hit and they will only function in the non encrypted mode. With enemy troops likely to be closing in the pilots are instructed to destroy the Cobra and to evade capture.

The US Government is not officially at war with Chernarus and wishes this incident to be kept as quiet as possible, for the local commander that means getting our pilots back, but to do so with out using large numbers of forces. So he will be going in as the weaker force.

For the Chernarussian military commander the capture of the American pilots would be a great coup and garner much international backing if the US would decide to spoil his extravagant lifestyle paid for by the sweat and tears of the local Chernarussian people, he has killed thousands of Chernarussians to defend his power, a few Americans will not stand in his way either.

Deployment.

From the American side the Pilots are cut off from communication, able only to transmit in open channels anything the Americans get the Chernarussians will receive as well. The Pilot and Gunner will be spending their game hiding from roving russian helos and scouting infantry as they attempt to stay one step ahead until the Americans can find them. Their survival kit consists of glow sticks, one HuntIR Monitor, 4 HuntIR rounds and an M203 Equipped M16, 2 Satchel Charges, Smoke Grenades, and some basic medical supllies as well as some ruck packs to carry it all. These players will have to work very closely with each other to remain undetected while at the same time moving into a position to try and signal American forces.

For the American Forces onboard the LHD it will have to be a delicate balance between occupying the Chernarussian forces to give the Pilots time to evade and also looking for the pilots themselves.

For the Chernarussians, is where this mission tries something new(as far as I know anyways) The Chernarussians have a commander and one special forces team as well as a Helo Pilot and gunner..but they are the stronger force, because using the High Command Module the Chernarussian Commander will control 4 Inf Platoons, 3 Mechanized Inf Plts, and two tank Plts as well as 2 Jets and 5 Helos.(numbers subject to change based on balanced gameplay)

The Chernarussians must balance their forces as well, to hold the LHD forces at bay or to make a mad dash to find the find the Pilots and kill them before the Americans can even mount their rescue attempt.

This really isn't a terribly complicated mission to design, I think finding the right balance of human to AI players will be the hardest part, I may also add some Chernarussian airborne squads that can jump in when the pilots are spotted and keep them pinned down while more forces converge to kill them, would also be tactically useful if respawn is used as the respawn point would be on the LHD.

Also I am not sure how well the LHD spawning script will work in MP, but hopefully it will work ok.

Anyways, probably going to need some people to do a play test sometime next week(going home this weekend) so if youre interested OR have any suggestions! please lemme know :) looking foward to playing with you guys again!

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: My next mission Project

Should be interesting, I made a warfare style mission in which players controlled squads in a company wide operation never really got a chance to test it. However I do suggest making each platoon one group or else the commander is going to have a difficult time managing all those units.

Comment

Re: My next mission Project

Well seems ready to test minus one problem, with so many units on the map, the LHD doesn't spawn soon enough and that causes the vehichles and players spawning onto it to fall through until it finishes spawning...does anyone know a way to slow the spawning of all units until after the LHD has spawned? if not Ill have to change some of the positions around the make the battle land vs land

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...