Admin Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Question

As i am not a member of the Dev team, i feel that it is my interest not to post in this forum when i do not have to, but i feel that i am going to make a couple of statemnts that will not sit well with some.

I know that the lot of you guys pour your heart and soul into these missions and they are what makes TG tick. but i really have a bone to pick with you guys. i feel as though we have lost our zest and creativity in making missions. we (dev team) all seem to try and make the most story telling missions or the most epic missions, which is fine, but really runs into trouble.

what ever happen with getting some weapons and attacking something?? what ever happed with quick hit missions like SIMHQ missions?
    is there a possibility of getting updated WAC and Falcon missions with just changed weapons??

now as for the "hater" part of my post:

i feel a lot of people like to whine a bitch when the do not get their way. i feel a lot of people can not be pleased with whatever we (admins) do. a lot of you joined this group with the best of intentions, but i feel that the desire has been let out of your sails. is this b/c of the admins or is this b/c of the process that you guys have to go through to get your missions on the server?

it just seems that people are grumbling and what stuff changed NOW.... well it doesnt happen like that im sorry, but i will tell you this. you guys have been threatened and coddled this whole in tire time. now i am simply going to state something. if i do not see production, if i do not see ideas, if i do not see the type of creativity that i know you guys are capable of then you guys will be removed from this group. we as leaders of the community need to know what you guys need in order to do your jobs right.

can we get some information out so that we can start getting quality material back on the servers!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Admin Question

FYI falcon recently uploaded 7 new missions to the server and beta and falcon are about to upload a new 10 mission campaign to the server shortly.

I am also working on a mech platoon campaign for celle which should introduce a style of gameplay not really seen on the server before.

Comment

Well, 2 first missions of my campaign WiC - World in Conflict are already on server (Celle island), and more is coming. When I make new mission, I don't just place few units and let it go. I play with it, care for details, sounds, fun, and creativity. Tell me if we have a mission, in which one of the objectives is to disarm (detonate) minefield, so our tanks can go through? Well, now we do, 2nd mission Op_Reunion of my campaign taking place on Celle and other islands in future.

Comment

Missions take time.

Trying to give ultimatums is a fantastic way to alienate and demotivate your mission makers.

Comment

im not alienateing you guys, you guys are here for a reason; a place for discussion and ingenuity. as an administrator people come to me and say that there are no missions, as an admin i have nothing to do with that, it is you guys that do. i see no posts being made as to what would help you guys, i see no posts as whats on your mind, i see no posts of anysort unless an admin starts it.

i know you guys have been ripped for things done in the past and for that i apoligize for, but i feel it is like being with a mute though....you and we both now want we want but we cant get it across to one another.

you guys know what you want, we as administrators do not have faith in you guys. the person that we put in charge left and no again you guys have no leader. we as administrators were kinda hoping that one of the more veteran leaders would step up and take lead. that is why "i think" us (some not all) administrators do not have faith in you guys. i know we have a lot to proove and earn back, i taking the first steps now, i had really high hopes for you guys, you havent let me down yet and you have done everything that i have wanted done, but i feel that you h=guys have become stale and afraid and pissed off b/c of the way we admins have been acting. for that again i apologize.

but let me end by saying this, i have already talked to some, and i will be talking to others. i am trying to reach out and see what needs to be done and how we as administrators can help you guys out. you guys are the life blood of our servers and i want to try and do anything i can to facilitate this.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

No reason to post when we can talk on TS.

At least that is how most of us role. Mikee, force and I are doing some crazy stuff, and it will be done when it is done. This forum is mostly for event missions really.

A lot goes on in the mission editing channel in teamspeak, sometimes it is just us bsing around, but most of the time it is serious collaborative mission work.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

again thanks to all who answered my questions tonight on TS

Comment

Hi there guys,

I am full steam ahead on mission production. I am working on my latest installment, Battle of Lang Vei, which is a historical recreation of the actual Vietnam battle that took place during the Tet Offensive and Khe Sanh. Basically in this real life battle, a special forces camp (FOB) gets attacked with massive amounts of Viet Cong and NVA including armor. Friendly forces consist of special forces in leadership roles and the rest our indigenous "montegnard" forces dressed in CDF uniforms. This is going to be a vintage Vietnam mission, with M16A2's for Montegnard forces, M4A1's (Car-15's) for Spec Ops, 20 round magazines, M60's, M79'ss, Colt .45's, no nvg's, and few backpack radios. The mission will be a lot like the last and final scene of "Platoon" where they have to defend their forward outpost and nearly get overran by the Viet Cong offensive. For cinematic effects, I'm actually recreating the Elias death scene and I am not going to spoil any more! Celle will be used for this mission.

As for my SOCOM missions, I have two currently planned. One will be featured on Thirsk Island dealing with U.S. Special Forces and trained indigenous forces who take out a terrorist camp hidden in a winter environment. My other SOCOM mission in the works will involve a grab of a South American political leader (or something like it) on Duala.

In addition, Ghost and myself have agreed to share resources and cooperate on a future "Battle of Khe Sanh" that will fit into the Vietnam canon that we have with Fall of Saigon, Battle of Ia Drang, and hopefully my Battle of Lang Vei.

I will update as necessary.

Force
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

I am making a mission with exploding animals......

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                    im not alienateing you guys, you guys are here for a reason; a place for discussion and ingenuity. as an administrator people come to me and say that there are no missions, as an admin i have nothing to do with that, it is you guys that do. i see no posts being made as to what would help you guys, i see no posts as whats on your mind, i see no posts of anysort unless an admin starts it.
                    the person that we put in charge left and no again you guys have no leader. we as administrators were kinda hoping that one of the more veteran leaders would step up and take lead. ....
                    I believe that the OIC should be:
                    1. a technical advisor to the admins on all matters regarding addons and the overall culture of mission development at TG
                    2. a overseer of collaborative dev team efforts, a manager for big projects - perhaps not creatively, but at least administratively
                    3. an exemplary scientist when it comes to mission making, the "first" of us, the best

I think the dev team should exist to:
                    1. Be a resource for the TG development community insomuch as:
                    a. Help up and coming developers learn the art
                    b. Provide a thinktank for developers
                    c. A meeting ground for collaborative projects
                    2. A club of developers who make missions for TG

I nominate Beta for OIC.

Comment

I also vote for Beta.
                      |TG|Ghost02
                      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I also support the motion to nominate beta.

Comment

we got burned last time there was a vote. I am certain the admins are going to get together and pick a new leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                            we got burned last time there was a vote. I am certain the admins are going to get together and pick a new leader.
                            There's been new blood since then, and lessons learned. Jack is asking us for leadership, we have responded to that request.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X