Mission Dev Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Dev Announcement

Some of the Devs here have a misinterpretation of what it is the Dev team actually is supposed to do.

Firstly, you guys are here to support Tactical Gamer, ArmA. Thats priority number 1. Secondly, you are to assist novice mission makers in their endeavor to create missions for this community. Lastly, you are here to make missions for the community. If the community comes to you and says they would like to see a particular style of mission, you need to either work on it or help them work on it. You are not here to make your own missions and not listen to the communities wants and needs. This is not a hang out, this is not a place to hide and preach about the shortcomings of the admins or the community.

Dont forget why you are here. You are here to support this community and the admins. If you dont think you can do that, or you dont WANT to do that, then you have no place here on this team.

I know some of you have raised concerns about my inactivity in this forum. Yes, I have been MIA for a bit but I fully expected you guys to act like mature adults and continue working with the community. The fact that some of you have become mutinous is insulting to not only myself but this entire community!

So, from here on out there are a few new rules:

1. You need to get community feed back on missions they want to play. Not what you want them to play.

2. You will assist the admin team in the creation of event missions.

3. You will donate your time and knowledge when you can as often as you can to help novice mission makers get better.

These are very simple rules that we can all stand by. I expect everyone in this forum to read this post and reply with "/signed". By signing this you have agreed that you will abide by these rules and are subject to removal should you choose to violate any of them.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Mission Dev Announcement

/signed.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I am not interested in making missions I am mandated to make without any say. I am however interested in being in a collaborative process with a team of mission makers and/or admins. I.e. if we could talk about what would be a cool mission, come to a consensus, then make it. I think the developers should be part of the creative process.

I still am not really sure how QA relates to the mission dev team... I spoke to boon and he said the one goal of the dev team was to make mission concepts that were decided upon by the admins. But what about the ancillary functions of the dev team? Like QA? Like technical advisement? I am interested in that as well.

Comment

/signed

Comment

/signed

Comment

/signed

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

/signed

Comment

/signed and pledged
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

/signed

Comment

Ok. Now that this is taken care of;

I would like for you guys to start looking at what the community wants to see. If you want to post a poll or start a thread and get opinions and what the players would like to see thats up to you. I dont expect you to work on "UFO abductions" or any other bat $##$ crazy ideas they throw out. But instead, focus on the ones that look new and interesting or ones that seem to be a reoccuring request.

Its time we started getting more community feed back on what they like to play and start working on giving them that.

During this time please, feel free to work on your individual projects, just remember our players come first. So, lets see some posts and some polls and try and gauge what the "hot missions" are this month and see if we cant get a few of them in the works

~Dredge

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I am thinking of doing a 1985 mission like thunder valley, just no valley and very diffrent set-up. Just a FYI for those who care.
                      |TG|Ghost02
                      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I created thread towards TG Community, asking what they like in missions. Click link ===> http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...ml#post1483818.

Comment

Great initiative Mikee, keep it up!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

/signed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse