Custom Textures in Missions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Textures in Missions

A couple of the guys in mission test channel were talking about this little little bit of code you can add into a unit's init line. Being that I have a strong aversion to strangely arranged words in a box didn't think to attempt it but once i looked it up (http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33537.0) earlier today i saw it was rather simple to implement and decided to give it a go with a custom AH-1W texture I whipped up. The result, Gunfighter is below:

Unfortunately the texture weighs in at 2.5 megs so its not particularly optimized for actual MP use, but im sure theres some smaller, lower resolution textured objects that could add some individual flair to one's mission.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Re: Custom Textures in Missions

I tried to do it, but everytime when I placed part of the code, nothing showed up. Can you write here, step by step how to implement it in the mission? :)

Comment

Re: Custom Textures in Missions

pretty much what it says in the ofpec link. Keep in mind the texture has to be in .paa format, and placed in your mission folder. Then just add
      this setObjectTexture [0,"TextureFileName.paa"]
      in the desired unit's init and it should work no problem.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X