SAM 2k12 SA6 Missile System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAM 2k12 SA6 Missile System

It could greatly replace Shilkas, or Tunguskas - SAM Missile Platform - 3MB. Check it out for more informations and screens ==> click the link ==> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10233. I already tested, works great!

Could we add this? Only 3 MB.
    Yes
    71.43%
    No
    28.57%

Re: SAM 2k12 SA6 Missile System

Fighter pilots call this "the telephone pole" cause of its size

Comment

ACE/Mando Missiles compatible?

| |

Comment

I wished the addon makers would incorporate the operating heights for these surface to air platforms in this game.
        As it is, the suggested addon while merits its use due to the fact that most OPFOR SA platforms are of low engagement envelope besides the Tunguska. It's effective engagement is rather too effective for the pilots to counter for gameplay.
        I will abstain my vote for this one.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Speaking honestly, if this were added I would make a mission hunting several of these on that big desert island we just got. I couldn't think of any other mission ideas for it though.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
            ACE/Mando Missiles compatible?
            Yes.

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
            I wished the addon makers would incorporate the operating heights for these surface to air platforms in this game.
            As it is, the suggested addon while merits its use due to the fact that most OPFOR SA platforms are of low engagement envelope besides the Tunguska. It's effective engagement is rather too effective for the pilots to counter for gameplay.
            I will abstain my vote for this one.
            If you fly low and fast, there is no way to get locked on, just like with Shilkas. I tested it.

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
            Speaking honestly, if this were added I would make a mission hunting several of these on that big desert island we just got. I couldn't think of any other mission ideas for it though.
            Look at it, as replacement of Shilkas and some addition to missions where jets are being used. It's just 3 MB guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
              Fighter pilots call this "the telephone pole" cause of its size
              Heh, wrong missile there boon, that would be an SA-2.

The SA-6 is a relatively advanced missile system especially given its mobility and the characteristics of the 'straight flush' radar. It is an extreme threat especially against low flying tactical aircraft. The SA-6 was primarily designed to provide close air coverage to advancing soviet spearheads at task at which it excels. However given the scope of ArmA and the fact that the anti-aircraft assets in the game in particular the Tunguska are already deadly enough I don't any use for this in a mission besides a uber spec ops mission to go knock a few out as MSK alluded to. Any real army would put these things kms behind their lines and even if there was a break through they would be running for the hills. This really isn't the type of hardware that ground units come into contact with. So for those reasons my vote would be no.

Comment

I think the following assets are sorely missing in our current configuration of ACE/arma:
                In order of need
                1. T-55
                2. T-62
                3. SA-whatever, SAMs, I support this poll.

Comment

You forgot Scuds. More specifically the SS-21 Scarab or 9K72 Elbrus.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yes, I will look in close future for T-55, T-62 and Scuds. Especially Scuds, because it was added by default for OFP and Arma 1 i believe. There is Scud for Arma 2 that actually launches ICMB's.

Comment

T55/T62 and Scuds have been announced as being in Arrowhead.
                      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                        T55/T62 and Scuds have been announced as being in Arrowhead.
                        Yep!! I was actually coming to this thread to post this, after seeing them in screenshots. So excited yo.

Comment

We have a scud in the Omega modpack for our squad, its sweet

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X