This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we add H53E Pack - 16 MB?

Guys, there is great H53E Pack, tested by me, no problems found. Only 16 MB. It's great addition, for BlackHawks, that are taking only about 9,10 people on board.

You can:

- fold rotor wing
    - spread rotor wing
    - open ramp
    - close ramp

Click the link ==> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6879
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

Re: Should we add H53E Pack - 16 MB?

What would be the overall benefit for adding this?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I am going to have to ask as well, what specific role does this vehicle fill that can not be filled by the existing vehicles in game? Aside from the looks alone.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Quite a coincidence... I just started working on a CSAR mission and Krause pointed my attention to a documentary which covered, among others, a CSAR mission in Bosnia which used two of these along with two Cobras. So they'd be kind of useful for that, but I can't answer the above questions. I'm not opposed to throwing in "extra toys" sparingly from time to time to add variety, but I think we've discussed this in the past and decided not to.

The difference from the other large transport chopper we have, the Knighthawk, is that (assuming this one is realistic in this regard, I haven't actually tested it) it can carry 40 people or more, compared to about 16 (?) for the Knighthawk. Not that we ever need that much space, even during events, and the safety of cramming 40 players into a chopper is questionable, but there you go!

Comment

I disagree. I think it would be very nice if we could have a chopper that can fit an entire platoon at once. Makes the platoon commander's life 10x easier. Something like this (if it can indeed hold 40) or a Chinook would be awesome for that role.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              What would be the overall benefit for adding this?
              This chopper takes as much people as C-130 or Chinook. Also, why did we add Chinook back then before ACE? Because we liked it and because of transport capability.

Comment

Hmmm. The possibility for more mass transpo is a pretty good selling point

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Before we say go ahead, does it handle realistically? I remember a mod like this a little bit back that handled like a little bird.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

If you want near realism flight characteristics I would suggest looking at Lynx Ah7/9 pack.
                    http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.ph...v2?-9-pack-v2=

Going back on topic,
                    Besides the eye candy factor, the rotary aircrafts major asset is its cargo capacity. Too bad it doesn't allow for any helo castings or hitching.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hitching can be added script side, very very very easy to do.
                      |TG|Ghost02
                      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                        Before we say go ahead, does it handle realistically? I remember a mod like this a little bit back that handled like a little bird.
                        It does. I tested it. Compare to Chinook.

Comment

If this kind of bird is put in, i'll remake Embassy just for it!

Force
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

If it handles well, then put it in. It is sorely needed.
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

Comment

Installed and tested it out. Flight model is believable. Some variants have a .50 cal on the ramp, though the ironsights are off kilter. Left and right M249s have ironsights but are missing the rear sights. Glass parts have a weird thing going on where they'll change between the "sun glare" and regular textures very fast depending on where the camera is. The passenger interior is good. You can walk inside the passenger compartment when the ramp is down, though it's probably not a good idea to fly like that. I count 19 seats (pilot's seat not included) on the USMC version. The others seem to be the same.

The 19 seats is probably because this is the HH-53, while the stats I quoted were from the USAF MH-53J.

I could swear everyone and their dog was working on Pave Lows for A2 a while ago, but this seems to be the only one around right now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X