Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we add the map "Razoreniya Island"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we add the map "Razoreniya Island"?

Really great jungle type map. Very dense jungle in certain points and open clearings with South American type villages. About a little bigger than Utes. I could easily make a minimum of four SOCOM missions for this! SEAL bounding over watch for extraction? Vietnam style patrols? Cartel raids? TVT's with spontaneous 50 meter engagements in the bush?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9810

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12vIz...layer_embedded

Just throwing it out there for further judgment and oversight.

Force
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Re: Should we add the map "Razoreniya Island"?

I have personally tested this map and it performs well (something I feared after viewing the video was low FPS). A little small, but if we are going to add islands the size of Thirsk we might as well add this. The thick jungles are a unique terrain, and the island would make for some epic amphibious ops.

Comment

Also loaded it up and tested it. Map itself is fine, though I noticed a very slight performance loss when a lot of trees are onscreen - I assume the custom foliage it uses is more complex than the default Chernarus trees. It's still perfectly playable though. Some buildings in the ruined city have an odd shimmering effect, almost as if two identical models are placed inside eachother. Jungles are nice but I'm not sure people will actually want to fight in them rather than just go around, the largest clumps seem to be about 400m thick despite what the map shows. The wide open areas by the coast have a lot of potential though.

Comment

Problem is that AI can see through grass. I tested it long time ago with enemy group in jungle and got shot from nowhere lol.

Comment

can we confirm the AI seeing through grass before we add this.

Comment

The AI technically "sees" through all the grass, even on Chernarus. They only won't "see" through the bottom fifth of the grass model (where the grass overlay texture covers at distance).

Yes, it is still a big problem, but, it can be worked around by simply disabling the grass by default in the missions for this island.

Comment

My thought on this;
              In general, I dislike approving/voting any and all addons that are not bug free. Whether it be due to game limitations or anything associated.
              An addon should work "out of the box". It should not have extra features added by us or anyone that uses them as a work-a-around.
              That defeats the purpose and actually places more unnecessary steps than needed, and speaking from experience in broader spectrum adding a work-a-around always caused extra issues or two. Also, it will promote more independent aspiring mission makers to ease their experience too.
              Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 04-20-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                The AI technically "sees" through all the grass, even on Chernarus. They only won't "see" through the bottom fifth of the grass model (where the grass overlay texture covers at distance).

Yes, it is still a big problem, but, it can be worked around by simply disabling the grass by default in the missions for this island.
                Also, this island would be amazing for TVT. Marines invading and insurgents setting up ambushes in the jungle anyone?

Also would like to add that this island and the associated add-on are only 50 megabytes.

Comment

How big of a hit does this take on PCs? I know some players have trouble with "foliage". This has lots of it. It it runs smooth then we are golden :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    How big of a hit does this take on PCs? I know some players have trouble with "foliage". This has lots of it. It it runs smooth then we are golden :D
                    I have a crap PC and it runs fine.

Comment

Just my two cents worth. I really think there is a lot of potential for TVT's and stealth based missions. Amphibious "island hopping" campaigns could easily be built as well as special op night raids "in the bush". I predict with such missions using this map we will get a favorable response from the community.
                      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

TvT's would be great on this island, Coop - not too much.

Comment

Agreed. Lets put it on charlie and have a go at it and see how it runs?

All in favor?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm OK with putting it on Charlie.

Comment

Absolutely. Be aware of the sand flys!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X