Consolidated Addon Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolidated Addon Thread

Ok I don't know about you guys but I think we need a more cohesive vision regarding addons (we'll leave islands out of it for now). I think the focus should be on addons that improve gameplay over a wide variety of missions (not a' prop' for one or two missions). We should then look for addons and review our choices before moving into testing and eventual release. So here is my short list of what we need right now in no specific order.

-Light Soviet MBT (T-62)
    -1x NATO MBT (Leopard 2, Challenger2)
    -1x NATO APC/IFV (lots of choices)
    -Transport Helicopter with platoon lift capability

I think these would allow for a variety of different/new missions I think we need to seriously consider the quality of any addons we include and be willing to keep the addons for at least a year or more. I think high quality addons certainly should have a place on the sever but there is also alot of junk out there.

Re: Consolidated Addon Thread

One thing to remember though, as of now we arent adding addons. This may change in the future, so I dont want guys to not look. Just be patient with us as we sort stuff out. :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      One thing to remember though, as of now we arent adding addons. This may change in the future, so I dont want guys to not look. Just be patient with us as we sort stuff out. :D
      OK please clarify what is going on because this seems to directly conflict with what was just posted by you I might add in the thread about the H53E and Razoreniya Island (specifically posts 20 and 21). I'm sorry not angry at anyone here just confused.

Comment

FYI Falcon T-62 is coming in Arrowhead. I don't think a T-62 exists elsewhere. I would love me some Leopard though.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
          I don't think a T-62 exists elsewhere.
          Wrong :). click on link here ===> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8784

Soviet Vehicles Pack:
          -T55
          - T62
          - T64
          - T80 pack
          - 2S1
          - UAZ
          - 451/452 van

26 MB

Comment

There is also a total 1985 vehicle pack for blufor and opfor that is very well done.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

To further clarify what Dredge posted.

So far the decision for maps/islands (provided they meet the requirements) is to promote them, since they provide the mission makers more options in terms of real estate.
              However, note that we want to cater to ideally all if not most of the members of the community but it isn't easily resolved and we have experienced such issues in the past as most of you may know.
              Personally speaking, I believe that is why we are somewhat apprehensive when addon suggestions are made. I certainly hope that this is understandable.
              As for individual addons, that is subject to a decision that is on going. Hence, Dredges post.

I hope this cleared it up for you guys.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It is understandable, which is why we are testing them so much I believe.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                  To further clarify what Dredge posted.

So far the decision for maps/islands (provided they meet the requirements) is to promote them, since they provide the mission makers more options in terms of real estate.
                  However, note that we want to cater to ideally all if not most of the members of the community but it isn't easily resolved and we have experienced such issues in the past as most of you may know.
                  Personally speaking, I believe that is why we are somewhat apprehensive when addon suggestions are made. I certainly hope that this is understandable.
                  As for individual addons, that is subject to a decision that is on going. Hence, Dredges post.

I hope this cleared it up for you guys.
                  This was kind of the entire point of this thread so that instead of having suggestions from a million people as to what they want etc etc we sketch out a few of the 'needs' not toys or things that are just cool but things that are lacking from our ORBAT if you will that we can fill then we go looking for addons that meet our requirements instead of the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                    Wrong :). click on link here ===> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8784

Soviet Vehicles Pack:
                    -T55
                    - T62
                    - T64
                    - T80 pack
                    - 2S1
                    - UAZ
                    - 451/452 van

26 MB
                    Breaking my balls. That add-on would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_262 View Post
                      This was kind of the entire point of this thread so that instead of having suggestions from a million people as to what they want etc etc we sketch out a few of the 'needs' not toys or things that are just cool but things that are lacking from our ORBAT if you will that we can fill then we go looking for addons that meet our requirements instead of the other way around.

Your point has been noted. It is good to see the Mission Dev team is coming together (yet again) to contribute.
                      How about having all of us in the Mission Dev team and get the community members here on board to suggest the addition of much needed addons to fill the said ORBAT within ACE2 itself? That would be something that would give us a great feeling of achievement and also directly contributing to the ArmAII world in itself.
                      As another admin already mentioned. To further paraphrase. We encourage you guys to check the addons out and form a consolidated opinion.
                      Figure out its pros and cons etc, but I see that we're doing this already. Which is a great sign.

Keep up the great work

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

While it probably isn't directly stated anywhere, I really like how you mission devs have begun looking through and testing quality addons and having excellent discussions about them. Whether it takes place in a single thread or comes up on an addon by addon basis, you guys do it how you want and, like Lowspeed said, let us know what your thoughts are. We can make a decision by then.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X