• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A watch for island

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98382

May need OPX buildings though.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: A watch for island

If it requires extra's it probably wont get added.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      If it requires extra's it probably wont get added.
      Why not? what is the problem? its just a pbo file that can be fit into Yoma :).

Comment

If each individual mod/island isn't self contained there will be more resistance to add it.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
          If each individual mod/island isn't self contained there will be more resistance to add it.
          Well, if it's a pbo file containing necessary buildings, it can be just attached to Yoma? :)

Comment

Isn't OPX part of CAA1

Comment

I will put it this way guys... There is almost none of good islands for Arma 2 that are worth of using at this time, except for what we got now in TG. So, there is 3 options:

a) We can keep complaining/whining about lack of islands and their poor look, do not add maps that require additional addons and wait for Santa Claus to bring miracle to us one day

b) We can review and check islands/maps that require additional addons, which usually are made by professional island makers and go from there

c) We can keep the islands that we got and just delete Afghanistan Island, because we got Sands that beats it in all possible ways and stop talking about it - I'm for picking c) option or maybe... b)

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
              Isn't OPX part of CAA1
              Its a file that is being used by CAA1, but it can be used itself by Island Makers to pull out buildings into their maps. Which means, that usually this one file would be required for island to work :).

Comment

We would have to test ... The buildings themselves are not the problem from what I understand about CAA1/OCA or whatever it was called ... but some of the included scripts and referenced items for full compatibility.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                  We would have to test ... The buildings themselves are not the problem from what I understand about CAA1/OCA or whatever it was called ... but some of the included scripts and referenced items for full compatibility.
                  CAA1 it was completely separate mod that used OPX buildings, which have nothing to do with CAA1 :).

Comment

OPX is 100% unrelated to CAA1, but it was used in that mod. You do NOT need CAA1 to use OPX buildings.
                    |TG|Ghost02
                    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                      OPX is 100% unrelated to CAA1, but it was used in that mod. You do NOT need CAA1 to use OPX buildings.
                      Exactly what I have been trying to explain :).

Comment

I'm still confused ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Map was just released on the BI forums, expect it to be on armaholic soon.

Edit: Map requires 575mb of extra content just to run. Map also seems poorly planned. Lots of things didn't quite make any sense as far as placement went especially buildings which felt like they were just quickly copied and pasted to form a village. There was no thought of adding roads either which is probaly why the buildings didn't follow any sort of layout.
                          Last edited by socomseal93; 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM.
                          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                            Map was just released on the BI forums, expect it to be on armaholic soon.

Edit: Map requires 575mb of extra content just to run. Map also seems poorly planned. Lots of things didn't quite make any sense as far as placement went especially buildings which felt like they were just quickly copied and pasted to form a village. There was no thought of adding roads either which is probaly why the buildings didn't follow any sort of layout.
                            Did you tested, or just checked screens? Let's download it, before we start discussion :).
                            Also, it's only 0.1 beta...

Comment

If it matures and gets under ... half a ****ing gigabyte sure. WTF 575 MB?

At present ideal considerations are in the 50-100mb range, with obvious room for exceptions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X