No announcement yet.

Campaign: Tears of the Lion(WIP)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign: Tears of the Lion(WIP)

So this is my first attempt at making a campaign or mission for that matter. This is a project I started a little over a week ago. I originally intended to make a mission for a friend of mine to play in order to learn some basics for the game once he finally gets a new computer and buys ArmA 2. As I was making the mission a million different ideas popped into my head. Soon I had a combined arms mission featuring a large scale helo insertion, a full platoon of infantry, CAS support, and spec ops teams with their own personal objectives(HVTs and weapons caches). Once I finished the basic concept, and the concept of a hostage rescue mission(run by CDF and Army Special Forces) which takes place 2 days after my first mission, i started to think of a story line, i wanted make a realistic reason why the US and CDF were fighting in the region. So heres a teaser of the story line, just a time line of events(going all the way back to 1991) leading up to to the beginning of the campaign(2011).

January 4th, 1991: Tensions between the Democratic Republic of Afrene and Communist Molatia begin to rise as Molatian food supplies begin to dwindle. Afrenian government refuses to send aid.

March 22nd, 1991: Molatia, in a desperate attempt to gain food supplies for its people, raid Afrenian farms for food. Afrenian Army retaliates, beginning the First Duala War.

April 20th, 1992: After over a year of bloodshed and war, UN peacekeeping operations begin lead by CDF forces.

May 1st, 1992: A cease fire agreement is signed, creating a DMZ, splitting the island in half. Ends First Duala War

February 2nd, 2003: CDF peacekeepers pull out of the region.

March 22nd, 2003: On the 12th anniversary of the First Duala War, Molatia invades Afrene. Starts the Second Duala War

March 30th, 2003: Molatian military continues to push further into Afrenian territory, trapping Afrenian forces in their capital of Kinsella, marking the start of the Kinsella Siege.

April 16th, 2003: Molatian ammunition and fuel supplies run low, Afrenian forces begin to drive them back.

May 16th, 2003: Molatian forces forced to flee to the tiny island of Hezena. UN finally steps in and stops the fighting. End of the Second Duala War. CDF Embassy opens in the Afrenian capitol of Kinsella. Chernarussian immigrants begin to arrive

September 29th, 2005: Molatian territory annexed into the the Republic of Afrene. Molation forces begin small terrorist operations

December 25th, 2007: Molation forces buy 200lb bomb off of black market, detonate in small village of Dasha. Dasha left in ruins.

February 14th, 2011: Molatian spokesperson found dead with a bullet wound to the back of the head, Afrenian government blamed, Molatian Fan Organization founded(MOFO). MOFO led protests turn deadly when Afrenian Police open fire killing 22, wounding 63

March 22nd, 2011: 20 years after the First Duala War, MOFO leads uprising on the Northwestern coast, allowing Molatian Military to once again invade. Start of the Third Duala War.

May 12th, 2011: Afrenian Forces flee to island of Vixena. Genocide of Chernarussian immigrants begins. CDF Embassy is overrun. Embassy personnel are all hung. Afrene government calls for UN help. US and CDF responds. Task Force Poacher is deployed.

May 30th, 2011: American Airborne forces arrive at Vixena.

June 13th, 2011: CDF forces arrive.

July 1st, 2011: Operation Lionhide begins(campaign start)

This campaign is in the VERY early stages of development. DO NOT expect it to be done anytime soon. Its hard for me to find time to work on it due to me being a Junior in High School and a part of the local Sheriff Explorer Post. I also move around a lot between parents and only have one copy of ArmA 2. Starting next week, however, I'm going make a trailer for the time-line I just posted. It'll only include screen-shots and starting form the Third Duala War to campaign start.
    Last edited by Cueball; 05-01-2010, 01:24 AM. Reason: grammar/spelling errors
    Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
    PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed