Small Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Request

Seeing the overall view of our players about TvT's or lack thereof I would like to ask of you guys the following:

A couple small scale TvT missions. Max size 16v16. Area of Engagement should be a small section of map either out in the open or the city. I will start working on some of this but I would like imput from you guys. I would like to find a different way to do player deaths. We need to find a way to keep them on the server after they die. I will be putting a time limit on to keep things semi fast paced and prevent an hour of one on one running in circles.

Thoughts?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Small Request

I had a crazy idea for long mission deaths, respawn them on a way diffrent part of the island in an arena with training stuff.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
      I had a crazy idea for long mission deaths, respawn them on a way diffrent part of the island in an arena with training stuff.
      Yup, respawn in fenced area, lets say 500 m2, with vehicles, weapons, etc... so they can have some fun, while others are playing. Or make some kind of obstacle track for them, give some vehicles, dirtbikes, and let them have fun - of course in remote, fenced area. It would keep people on server :).

I have in my missions, destruction derby arena with cars. That would be good lol :D.

Comment

Lol, that might make people WANT to die.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
          Yup, respawn in fenced area, lets say 500 m2, with vehicles, weapons, etc... so they can have some fun, while others are playing. Or make some kind of obstacle track for them, give some vehicles, dirtbikes, and let them have fun - of course in remote, fenced area. It would keep people on server :).

I have in my missions, destruction derby arena with cars. That would be good lol :D.
          I've tried this before... it doesn't work turns into a TK nightmare even with Admins on the sever :(

Comment

What if we have them spawn somewhere else to start the fight over again? Basically give them a Dead Person TvT? It wont effect the main TvT but keeps both sides playing.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I think instead of trying to distract players when they die and cheat them into staying on the server, a better way to handle respawn/JIP in a TvT environment for SMALL player counts should be designed.

No, you can't put a chopper at main and a pilot and call it good enough. No, you can't just put 100 ATVs for each side and call it good enough.

A solid, workable, balanced, and bug-free system needs to be designed and implemented or you will still see massive server-death when playing these "deathmatch" style TvTs where once you die, you get to sit around spectating or whatever for the next 30 minutes to an hour.

From my experience, anything longer than 5 minutes of player inactivity or "boring" gameplay is too long.

Comment

ticket syetm

Comment

Doesn't solve it.

How do the players get back to their squad?

Comment

make the area smaller, we had scripts before that had an AI guys driving a truck back and forth from one spot to another.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                      I think instead of trying to distract players when they die and cheat them into staying on the server, a better way to handle respawn/JIP in a TvT environment for SMALL player counts should be designed.
                      Why not keep it going then? Like I stated we could seperate them and let them keep shooting at each other while the "main force" tries to continue the mission. Or instead of deathmatch make it objective based. We can make it king of the hill. Give them an area to hold, both sides will attack and defend an area for a certain amount of time. You can have them respawn and rejoin their group to either reinforce the hill or to try and take it back. If we keep everyone engaged and shooting they wont mind dying.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Immediate problem that need to be solved I can see for the post-mission fight thing:

Comms. "Alive" players and "dead" players WILL have to move TS channels or not use TS to begin with. Two different comms for two different battles is not good. That is going to be awkward for most players and quite a few times I will see people forgetting to change channels and people getting angry/annoyed with it.

King of the hill style game is fun. There was a mission on the server back when we had Everon that was a dual king of the hill, you had to take the enemy's hill, they had to take yours.

However, respawn again becomes an issue.

How do you handle getting a player back to fighting with their group?

There are a lot of ways of going about it, but, finding a balanced solution is incredibly difficult. I think this is THE focal point of making a successful TvT with respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                          However, respawn again becomes an issue.

How do you handle getting a player back to fighting with their group?

There are a lot of ways of going about it, but, finding a balanced solution is incredibly difficult. I think this is THE focal point of making a successful TvT with respawn.
                          Why not have mobile respawns? SL's can set up a respawn close to the engagement area. Make it like a humvee or something, this would allow a double mission for opfor as they can take the hill AND destroy the respawn so the blufor has to come back from the base, which is located no more than 150 meters from the "Hill". So now, commanders have to not only worry about taking the hill, but moving up and protecting the assets for his troops. Hell in a hand basket fun imho :)

It would also get everyone involved. Even if you arent at the front you still have a job to do, and everyone will get a chance to send rounds down range.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Slightly more scripted TvTs with that sort of features could prove more popular, I'm just wondering whether having a lot of fancy features will associate it with Domination in people's minds. I don't think there's ever been a TG-made mission of that kind up on the server, though, so we'd have to make it and see.

Comment

I do miss the 1 life TvT games.
                              It will make the players value their life more, pull them together as a result and the game doesn't last 3hours. Therefore promoting variety.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X