This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server crashes

There have been a few server crashes as new people are joining TG - and I think they can be attributed to the various special FX mods and/or other supposedly clientside add-ons which are allowed on the server. Error messages like this:

Ref to nonnetwork object 1624b400# 824235: housev_3i2_ruins.p3d
    3:49:44.950 (0:07:19.076) [x\ace\addons\sys_rocket_ballistics\fnc_apply_dispe rsion.sqf:9] WARNING: Null Bullet
    Ref to nonnetwork object 17798800# 826716: housev_1l1_ruins.p3d
    3:54:43.068 (0:12:17.204) [x\ace\addons\sys_rocket_ballistics\fnc_apply_dispe rsion.sqf:9] WARNING: Null Bullet
    3:54:45.872 (0:12:20.008) [x\ace\addons\sys_rocket_ballistics\fnc_apply_dispe rsion.sqf:9] WARNING: Null Bullet
    Ref to nonnetwork object 120ca800# 826992: shed_m03_ruins.p3d

Have nothing to do with the mission but do crash servers. When a server crashes and is likely NOT to be the mission makers fault, but:

1. An add-on conflict, in which the server is attempting to interpret a non-synced entity, is unable to, and thus crashes
    2. Vehicles colliding into objects at angles which would cause them to fly into the air at great velocities. This may not be prevented.

Poorly made missions may desync the server, or result in an extremely low server FPS, but as a rule of thumb rarely crash servers. When a server suddenly crashes, it's more often than not one of the above, especially if the crash occurred without warning.

I hope that the admins will consider banning custom add-ons which have a propensity to crash the server.

Re: Server crashes

Uhh, krause. That is no way related to anything BUT ACE. None of those lines of code are any way related to client side mods.

Search for the building names: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/foru...p?f=53&t=21956

Also, I have several ACE Developers saying that client-side mods (Especially sound and FX mods) CAN effect the server but it is SO rare and only if the RPT is about 10k lines of the same type.
    Another point, think of the repercussions of removing client side mods. I bet you at least 95% of the server uses client-side mods. If you FORCE people to remove them, then people will most likely leave. I hate the BIS effects and sounds. I use FX and Sounds mods. I know if client-side mods are FORCED to be removed that I and several others will leave TG and find a server that will allow them.

Please, do research before you make a very consequential statement like such.

EDIT: Searched for the "fnc_apply_dispersion" and found this:

Code:
    //#define DEBUG_MODE_FULL
    #include "script_component.hpp"

PARAMS_3(_bullet,_vel,_dirAndUp);

_bullet = nearestObject _bullet;

if (isNull _bullet) exitwith {
    	WARNING("Null Bullet");
    };

_bullet setVelocity _vel;
    _bullet setVectorDirAndUp _dirAndUp;
    //_bullet setPos getPos _bullet;

TRACE_4("",_bullet,vectorDir _bullet,velocity _bullet,vectorUp _bullet);
    Its an ACE debug of a function that is most likely been altered or conflicting with the new ballistics that Sandiford gave the ACE team.

Comment

We are not going to use "signed servers" nor stop client side mods at this time. We will look into these issues krause brought up-thanks.

Comment

h3killa: you are not in the development team. The only reason you are able to view this forum is because of a technicality. Please keep your opinions to yourself. Thanks.

re: Boon

Fair enough, the main point of my thread was just to increase visibility of these issues. I have seen some missions suddenly crash the server and then the mission makers or QA process be claimed at fault, which is not the case. I am sure Impulse can vouch on this.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
          h3killa: you are not in the development team. The only reason you are able to view this forum is because of a technicality. Please keep your opinions to yourself. Thanks.
          If that attitude doesn't change you wont be on this team either. He was only offering an opinion. So, keep your cool, or you will have one less forum to check.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

There certainly are mods that cause issues in muplitplayer for multiple reasons - I think the ideal would be having a list of disallowed mods, when mods are identified as causing problems or unfair they would be added, including incorrect ACE versions as they seem to cause desync. Although impletementing that might not be quite so easy.

P.S.
            Its an ACE debug of a function that is most likely been altered or conflicting with the new ballistics that Sandiford gave the ACE team.
            I fixed/changed the damage model, nothing to do with ballistics

Comment

*Thread Closed Due To Hostile Posts*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X