This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation

I hereby resign as dev team leader and mission development team member.

In my tenure I have accomplished:

1. A new QA system which processes missions within 3 days and provides an extensive papertrail for accountability purposes
    2. An effective working committee model for event mission development
    3. Collaboration and interoperability between members
    4. A working, tested, fun event mission - including hundreds of man hours of development and testing
    5. Bridging ATS3 development with the TG community in order to ensure refinement of TG gameplay

In return I have been treated with hostility, apathy and censorship by the powers that be, and offered little support or encouragement. The latest thread closed by Dredge, in which I asked a non-dev team member not to post here, included a threat against me if I did not remain silent further. This is an enduring theme at TG, admins bullying and marginalizing the very people who make play on the server possible by providing content. It is, as they say, the straw that will break the camels back. Frankly, I am done being disrespected for the hours of work I put into the community on a weekly basis. There were many nights where I stayed up until 4 or 5 AM trying to polish Dang Xa ambush, and for what? So I might be censored and beaten on the head with a stick.

When the admins lashed out against the efforts of developers following the failure of the Kovrov Coast event mission, unjustly and without merit, I convinced our most talented developers to stay the course and endure their insults and accusations with fortitude for the good of the community. When the developers were conspiring to quit en masse, I begged them to stay. I see now that such efforts are futile and not unlike riding a tiger. At any time your skillful piloting may be negated by a vicious attack. Our veteran developers know of this, and approach the admins with indifference, attempting to do as little work as possible so as not to be attacked for performing a good deed. Indeed, at TG, no good deed goes unpunished, while the non-contributor is celebrated at the highest levels of power.

I hope that my successor is an admin and not a self-respecting mission maker. While the admins like to think that we mission makers are an expendable asset, and so may be pulled by the scruff of the neck to and fro, you will hopefully soon see the error of your judgments in absence of our good work.

Chris Krause

I would like to thank:
    1. All the dev team members who participated, I feel as if I have made good friends in such a great group!
    2. Lowspeed for speedy uploads of missions and generally being responsive
    3. Impulse for incredible technical assistance
    4. Boondock for freedom to operate and general wisdom
    Last edited by tyrspawn; 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM.

Re: Resignation

I actually closed that thread - it was becoming hostile and I would like to talk about it later when I get home from work.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I would like to comment on a few points if I may

1. I didnt close the thread, I only commented why it was closed.
      2. Your late nights polishings of Dang Xa where indeed rewarded as this mission was picked for an event mission BY ME
      3. Your attitude towards the "non-dev" member post was unacceptable. Even if he isnt a team member he is still allowed to voice opinion especially when it if for the betterment of the community.
      4. I have mentioned I dont know how many times how happy I was for the entire team, including yourself, for all the work you had done. Especially with the event mission and the QA

I dont know what you are trying to get at with this post. Are you trying to encourage all the dev members to leave with you? Are you trying to start a "Mission Embargo"? Your overall attitude and sense of entitlement to things that arent yours is why you where removed from the Dev Team. You harass players and admins alike because you think that we owe you something. We dont owe you anything, nor do you owe us anything. Thats how this community works. We do things for others because we can, and we enjoy it. We do not think that any of you are "expendable" we have gone through great lengths to help you guys in any way we could because we dont want our Mission Makers to stop making the missions we love, for the community they enjoy being a part of. So, keep trying to incite riots. Stir the pot with whatever you think you need to stir it with. In the end, missions will still be made, players will still play, and TG will still be here in the morning.
      Last edited by Dredge; 06-04-2010, 04:01 PM. Reason: I cant spell

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

h3killa has just as much as a right to be in this forum as any other TG member: NONE. This is for the mission development team, not the public. Attempting to claim otherwise now is revisionism at the finest. He has also voted on polls and accordingly influenced what addons were added or rejected to the server. His post was a blatant trolling attempt and is a clear indicator of why non-experts should be barred from this forum. The thread was created to address an issue: mis-allocation of blame for server crashes, as well as misunderstanding of why servers crash. I am sick of hearing "How did this mission get through QA?" when the server crashes, especially by admins. Answer: it is rarely, if ever, the mission makers fault. Sandiford was attempting to corroborate my argument when the thread was closed, for no reason other than a "we are right, you are wrong" mentality by the admin staff. Like Persian emperors. Such strife does not occur within the dev team, we work quite well together.

You may paint me as a rabble rouser all you like - but facts are stubborn things, and if you think my views are unique in the development team you are in for a rude awakening. I speak for those who are cynical enough to know that such posts are futile. I am not a cynic though, and I believe in positive change, even if it seems impossible.

Comment

Personally I am agreeing with the thread in question, as of current I have not had enough time to make a ****list post on those who are not connecting to the game properly, and have completely broken modlines/conflicts which are causing most of our problems.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
            h3killa has just as much as a right to be in this forum as any other TG member: NONE. This is for the mission development team, not the public. Attempting to claim otherwise now is revisionism at the finest. He has also voted on polls and accordingly influenced what addons were added or rejected to the server. His post was a blatant trolling attempt and is a clear indicator of why non-experts should be barred from this forum. The thread was created to address an issue: mis-allocation of blame for server crashes, as well as misunderstanding of why servers crash. I am sick of hearing "How did this mission get through QA?" when the server crashes, especially by admins. Answer: it is rarely, if ever, the mission makers fault. Sandiford was attempting to corroborate my argument when the thread was closed, for no reason other than a "we are right, you are wrong" mentality by the admin staff. Like Persian emperors. Such strife does not occur within the dev team, we work quite well together.

You may paint me as a rabble rouser all you like - but facts are stubborn things, and if you think my views are unique in the development team you are in for a rude awakening. I speak for those who are cynical enough to know that such posts are futile. I am not a cynic though, and I believe in positive change, even if it seems impossible.
            im just going to point out that hkilla has every right to post in this forum, he joined for the Island Development Side. I think you are mistaken at what trolling is i should know i studied the effects of trolling and flaming for a university essay.

here is a definiton for the term trolling
            In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
            From my point of view hkilla made a very valid post in a possible cause/solution for the server crashes.

Also im going to point out that the only way you can post in these forums is if you get accepted into the group. seeing as hkilla has he is entitled to post and please don't say it's a technicality because that's not true.

Comment

*closed by asch... comments to follow.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Tactical Gamer typically doesn't allow "resignation" type threads because they more often than not tend to be rants where the original post is looking for attention where they feel they have been wronged. The thread then becomes full of "facts" which are anything but.

It's unfortunate that Krause has decided to take his ball and leave. He has put a lot of effort into the dev team and mission making. However that does not give him the right to be immature and disrespectful to other community members, and when informed of this by an admin, he decided to quit. When faced with conflict his choice was to leave and stir the pot with this resignation post.

For those that are reading this, if you come across a situation that you feel is not correct (i.e. someone should not be in a private forum) the correct method to get this resolved is to use the contact-an-admin forum. The admin team will then be able to take care of it or explain why it's not an issue. In this case Krause was incorrect in his assumption of who actually has a right to be in this forum and how to handle the situation.

If you feel that anything else is an issue or are not comfortable discussing with the admin team, then I invite you to use the contact-site-admin forum to discuss the issue with the overall site admins.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...