Anyone checked this island out yet? - Tropica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone checked this island out yet? - Tropica

I was absent for a while, because of my trip to Poland, I'm back in U.S now, and should have little bid more time.

Tropica looks pretty nice and could replace buggy and laggy Razoreniya, which is small island.

Trailer looks absolutely great, I'm downloading island for testing.

Description:
    Tropica is a medium size island, 17 km x 13 km, located in the Mozambique channel, East of the Africa coast.
    Most of the island is covered with dry savana, but in two large basins, some mangroves and tropical forest are to be found along coastal river beds more or less flooded by brackish water as the fresh water left by huge seasonal rain-pours evaporated.
    The underground of Tropica is known to be rich in natural resources, from diamonds to gas and oil.
    This island having been discovered by Portuguese sailors, then Spanish kingdom has conquered it, to be ousted by Great Britain and France. The agreement between these last ones leading to France remaining the last owner is unclear.
    In the 70' during the decolonization era, North Tropica was ruled by a short lived Democratic People Republic of Tropica with a lot of help from Soviet Union, the only visible remain of that era is the long concrete runway built near Banga as an emergency landing site for Buran soviet shuttle.
    The French are still holding an air base : BA96, on ile du Corsaire.
    The population of Tropica is a mix of peoples from different African area as well as natives and Europeans.
    The local government formally elected a 99% is in fact held by CEMTEX and TNT, two major companies looking after Tropica underground resources.
    They are more or less blatantly fighting to gain control of all the riches using private militias to do so.

Features:
    Towns and villages:
    * 2 main towns : Tropicaville and Banga
    * 5 towns : Palmera, Toba and Bangataba, Ghaho and Djoba
    * many hamlets along the few dirt tracks
    * a dozen of huts villages in Gha and Djo basins.

Airports and airstrips
    * one main air base BA96 on Óle du Corsaire
    * one air base on Swatisland Island near Banga
    * one dirt strip near Djoba
    * one dirt strip near Ghaho

Extraction facilies
    * CEMTEX oil rig near Tropicaville
    * TNT quarry near Banga

Note about tropica_objets : this needed addon is still work in progress, some feature are missing and some need some more work.
    At the moment the object icons are not showing on the in-game map, it will be one of the next release features.

More info here, click the link ==> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10756 Don't base your opinion on screens, but watch the trailer.

and

I like it
    75.00%
    Don't like it
    25.00%

Re: Anyone checked this island out yet? - Tropica

looks great Mikee lets do some testing on it! How was Poland?

Force
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

Originally posted by Force_Majeure View Post
      looks great Mikee lets do some testing on it! How was Poland?

Force
      It was fine, but not perfect. I like how it changed. Lots of nice cars, huge malls, etc... But, truly, I couldn't wait until I come back to U.S. When I landed in JFK I felt much better. Here is my home.

Comment

Island looks simply amazing, guys we should delete Razoreniya and put this in. Tropica is even bigger than Isla Duala, I just don't have words to describe it. Can admin upload this for our Charlie server for testing?

Comment

Not quite sure, voted no to keep it even but it has its ups and downs... It seems quite flat and bland...

EDIT:
          Look at the size of the island(KM^2) compared to the size of the download (66mb).

It seems like its a bit polished in the video...

Comment

Originally posted by h3killa View Post
            Not quite sure, voted no to keep it even but it has its ups and downs... It seems quite flat and bland...

EDIT:
            Look at the size of the island(KM^2) compared to the size of the download (66mb).

It seems like its a bit polished in the video...
            2 km? what are u talking about, its bigger than Chernarus, it has size of 17 km x 13 km.

Please download it and test it, before voting. I didn't like screens too, until I watched trailer and test played the island itself. It's much better than laggy Razoreniya.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
              2 km? what are u talking about, its bigger than Chernarus, it has size of 17 km x 13 km.

Please download it and test it, before voting. I didn't like screens too, until I watched trailer and test played the island itself. It's much better than laggy Razoreniya.
              KM^2 means kilometers squared, sorry if that confused anyone. I will download it tomorrow. I am also very biased against [ADO] they have a tendency to make bad maps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X