• Show
Clear All

• Replace Everon...

With this
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10838
    Thoughts?

Re: Replace Everon...

Was just about to start work on a campaign in Everon. :(

I think it should be kept, as the problem in the past was removing islands, and Everon isn't that large of a file I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
      Tried this out, its interesting but does not offer the flat ground that everon offers. We will keep Everon. However, you can start a poll and see if people are interested in this island.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

everon is being kept no worries on that end.....though this island does look really promising

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Island looks promising, but it will be heavy for CPU, just like Chernarus. Keep Everon please, I'm working on a mission and in future there is going to be some more. Everon is great island. I would rather think about replacing Razonveria (or whatever is the name) island.

Comment

Tried this out tonite and will say no ... right now while it is very busy and pretty in a upclose screenshot, the approach to how the terrain fits, is very poor.
            When you zoom out, you begin to notice that every hill is a soft rolling terrain, each scene/town is on a flat platform. You start to see how each little area is in it's own pocket of a flat space. The ground texture is mostly the same, there is no underbrush in the wooded areas, minimal rock burms and other effect cover is missing in great detail, as soon as you wander off from the road or city it loses alot of appeal.

Every hill feels like a soft rolling hill, that has been stretched out. There are many places where you can just get stuck in the object terrain and the biggest issue I have with it, there is no defilade anywhere ... it is all smooth, and then ... flat then smooth rolling and then flat....
            I think it is a gorgeous map, but I would like to see it get a little bit more character in a zoomed out perspective.
            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X