AI Performance Tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Performance Tips?

I'm making a big, long, complicated mission that I want to make as easy on the server as possible. Specifically, I've got a bunch of AI spread out over a vast distance in Operation Arrowhead, and I'd like to reduce how much they chug on resources. How do I do this?

Since TG missions usually rely on a fair number of these guys, why don't we use this thread as a repository specifically for dealing with AI behaviour? Beyond the answer I'm looking for, feel free to drop hints about randomizing AI, utilizing ACM/ACS, how to make the AI smarter, etc.

Re: AI Performance Tips?

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
    I'm making a big, long, complicated mission that I want to make as easy on the server as possible. Specifically, I've got a bunch of AI spread out over a vast distance in Operation Arrowhead, and I'd like to reduce how much they chug on resources. How do I do this?

Since TG missions usually rely on a fair number of these guys, why don't we use this thread as a repository specifically for dealing with AI behaviour? Beyond the answer I'm looking for, feel free to drop hints about randomizing AI, utilizing ACM/ACS, how to make the AI smarter, etc.
    Use AI respawn script. There is lots of them. Create mission without any AI and keep respawning them as players progress through the mission.

Comment

AI caching, basically it's a script that turns groups of AI into a single AI untill players are within a certain radius. It allows you to place all of your AI on the map without dealing with spawns or respawning. if this mission is linear, this method is very ideal, and even if the mission is dynamic, it still allows for best performance with lots o' AI.
      sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

Unit caching would be ideal for the sort of mission you talked to me about Scope - assuming it's the same mission. It despawns the AI when you players are X amount of meters away, and respawns them when they draw closer. The distance is customizable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X