Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tolerance towards "Light hearted" missions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolerance towards "Light hearted" missions?

Eylo, been messing with an idea recently that I thought might be fun. Only problem is it borders on parody and not so sure how that would go down at TG.

Basically it would be a mission, or missions, based around war stories which I will extract from Soupy in regards to his days in the Irish army fighting leprechauns.

Mission or missions would therefore involve combat with leprechaun soldiers, or a representation of such (Maybe the Leprechauns have an army of Asian looking dudes or something?). I've heard that a previous mission on TG featured snowmen, and suspect the removal of it may be due to their presence. So before I go figuring out how to get Leprechauns in I thought I'd ask first.

Please note that the missions would be fairly serious gameplay wise, if you changed the leprechauns to PLA or somesuch it would play like any other mission. Sort of like if you took any of the maps already on and changed the OPFOR models to be Leprechaun ones.

Opinions?

Another one I had going (Thrown in for the lulz.) - Chad Hudson goes berserk, combined arms mission where players must delay his advance towards the FOB. Chad will of course be uber powered, requiring Blufor to employ use of M1A1s, A10 bombers, sniper teams etc to find and eliminate him. (Thinking 4 or 5 well placed GBUs will take him down, if possible Chad may also be supersized. Could throw him in Zagrababydad and name him Chadzilla or Chadfield, or something. Respawn would be guaranteed ahead of time. ). May branch out and say the OPFOR has brainwashed him, throwing in a few squads of them to disrupt the Blufor op in the area.

Re: Tolerance towards "Light hearted" missions?

As far as I'm concerned as long as the mission works, and doesn't have any profane or other naughtiness that might be against the primer it should be fine. Look at mikes fallout mission its a little outside the box of what were used to and it was still on the servers. Ultimately it will be up to the community to decide if they want to play it. So go ahead make it and see what happens.

Comment

I am totally against anything from Soupy.

j/k
      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Yarr, not doing them now, good few negative responses so not worth the effort :P

Working on V2 of Op fallen Badger, sick squirrel and a couple of 10-20 man Spec Ops mission ideas instead. (in that order).

Comment

Don't let a few curmudgeons bother you -- there is PLENTY of room on the server for lighthearted missions, as long as they're well-made.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
            Don't let a few curmudgeons bother you -- there is PLENTY of room on the server for lighthearted missions, as long as they're well-made.
            Yup :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X