A bit of help with pacifist enemy AI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of help with pacifist enemy AI?

Hi! I've posted this over at the BI forums but I was wondering if one of you fellows knew what is at the heart of this problem:

Hi. I have tried searching for this issue, using words like 'ignore', 'ghost', 'and do not shoot at', but I remain clueless. If there have been threads about this issue then I am sorry, but my searches yielded no results.

---

The problem is the following.

In short: after a while in a mission, enemy (opfor) troops won't shoot at friendly (human blufor) players.

In this particular mission, players have to fly in (farmhouse near town of Rasman, Arrowhead) and hold a certain place. When entering a certain radius of the farmhouse, blufor sets off a trigger that makes opfor enemies move towards them. Waypoints are set to Search and Destroy, Open Fire and Engage at Will, Fast, Combat, all over the farmhouse.

I'm also using the respawn-west marker for respawns during the mission. The point is that after a while, enemies stop firing at blufor players and just run towards the farmhouse (while still looking very combat-like, maneuvering and such). You can fire at them and they won't do a thing.

I thought they stopped responding to human players altogether (somehow losing enemy status after respawning?) but when a friend I was testing it with lost connection and rejoined, he was fired at, no matter how often he died and respawned. The opfor still didn't fire at my other friend or myself however.

---

So basically, after a while enemies start ignoring players (or certain enemies just ignore them by default, they all do come in newly after all) but I checked and all waypoints do emphasise that they are to engage and fire at will. Rejoining fixed it for ONE guy apparently, but I don't know how.

I remember reading something about an issue approximately or exactly like this but as I said, my searches yielded nothing. Are you aware of this problem, and is there a known fix?

Please take into account that my editing skills are limited to waypoints and very basic triggers. Scripting isn't my strong side, at all...

Thanks in advance!
    I would really appreciate any help, because at the moment the mission gets rather boring when they start pouring in without doing so much as lift a finger to prevent you from puncturing their faces... :)

Re: A bit of help with pacifist enemy AI?

Put them on guard, things will be much different hehe

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that! :) Now to change about 50 waypoints... :P

EDIT: So you do think it's the waypoints then? I thought so too until they started firing at the other guy in the server who was in the same team as us, which leads me to believe that something else is going on.

Nevertheless, I'll change the waypoints and report back with the result! ;)
      Last edited by Von_Lipwig; 07-11-2010, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Von_Lipwig View Post
        Thanks, I'll try that! :) Now to change about 50 waypoints... :P

EDIT: So you do think it's the waypoints then? I thought so too until they started firing at the other guy in the server who was in the same team as us, which leads me to believe that something else is going on.

Nevertheless, I'll change the waypoints and report back with the result! ;)
        You only need 1 guard waypoint (per group). If you put a group on guard they will immediately get all the targeting data of other friendly units and aggressively attack toward the targeted units.

Comment

Well, we have tested again today and I don't think we had any shortages on hostility! Looking good so far! :D

Thanks for your help. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X