Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Mission Submission Requests - ACRE implmentation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Mission Submission Requests - ACRE implmentation.

In light of the recent misisons uploaded to OA Alpha, we would like to request that any of the currently active mission developers, if able can make a second version of their missions to run with ACRE. This is a very minor change, but will require you to add an additional item into your maps and units. The 119 Radios are basically essential to using ACRE in any reasonable method.

So the basic request is resubmit any recent mission that we have to include the 119' radios.
    These will be used with the TacticalGamer.com ACRE Events and Testing due later this week.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3..._Names_and_API

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Radio's
    AN/PRC-119
    Class Name: ACRE_PRC119
    SINAD Rating: -116
    Frequency Range: 30-87.95 MHz
    Channel Spacing: 25 KHz
    Power Modes: 400mW, 2200mW, 4000mW
    Antenna Length: 750
    Pack Radio: Yes

AN/PRC-148
    Class Name: ACRE_PRC148 / ItemRadio
    SINAD Rating: -116
    Frequency Range: 30 MHz to 512 MHz
    Channel Spacing: 5KHz and 6.25KHz
    Power Modes: 100mW - 5000mW
    Antenna Length: 250
    Pack Radio: No

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    148's are the default radio, no changes should be required to units already holding the basic "itemradio"
    If crates are to be used to supply radios, or to put spares in vehicles the above information would also be useful.
    Last edited by Impulse 9; 07-14-2010, 04:59 PM.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Re: Recent Mission Submission Requests - ACRE implmentation.

Might be a good policy to make the inclusion of PRC119's are missions requirement.

If we are going ACRE all in of course.

Comment

We have not decided yet, to go full ACRE or to Change to full ACE. This is to TEST ACRE, in a public setting.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

? who actually has the addons? I'd adapt one of my missions but i'm not wasting my time if no one plays them.

I was also waiting to update and/or expand my ranger campaign for when ACE was integrated into OA. Should I not wait and just keep making missions? I don't want to have a huge backlog of conversion work.

Comment

If you would rather wait for a firmer decision on ACE I completley understand that.
          This is just for me to upload a few missions onto an OA + ACRE server for more public exposure to TG.

Comment

bumpy. This is now pertinent.

Note also, since we are using ACE, ACRE supports ACE radios as well.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
            Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Another question/comment,

With the inclusion of the ACRE radio system, how do we design or modify TvT's to adopt this mod? I have a mission called SOCOM CSAR where Global VON was used to communicate to a downed pilot. The beauty of this is that the enemy could listen in on blufor transmissions to the downed pilot, making code essential.

With the ACRE system, is something like this even possible anymore? Can the enemy listen in on the other sides radio transmissions? If there is a solution to this I would appreciate feedback. I think the ACRE system is very cool and would like to see it play a role in TvT missions.

Force
              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

force, you have a set freq for pilot use marked on the map.

Requires honesty, but the old system did as well to some extent.

perhaps hard-coded or non-adjustable radios could be a feature to look at in the future.

Comment

My mission, SOCOM CSAR has the following immediate problems:

It is currently impossible to reach the downed pilot via radio for the following reasons:

a) he would have to be in the same TS channel as either BLUFOR or OPFOR
                  b) if he were in either of these channels and still stayed on a single frequency, the other side would have no chance to talk/listen to him because they are in different ts channels.
                  c) I would have to give the downed pilot a long range (backpack) radio.

Superficial Fix (What I think will make it work)

Make it so that the VON key press is not the default push to talk for ACRES. This would allow VON for TvT missions and as a backup if ACRES were to fail.

Let me know if there are any means I overlooked to fix this situation for my mission.

Force
                  http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

Do we even need to go to separat channels now? Surely our separate channels are the frequencies now? OPFOR and BLUFOR should go to separate command channels for breifing only then everyone return to a single MAIN Channel. That way you can intercept comms, but would not hear each other. Almost an opposite of what we traditionally do. Or am I gettin it wrong?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes I think your right rich, atleast thats how I hope it works. Im not sure if you have to switch for breifing or not, but once the game starts everyone should be in the same channel for TVT and CoOp, just using different freqs. The Opfor could listen in if they managed to figure out which freq the blufor were using, their may be some sort of way to scan channels or you might just have to get lucky with guessing.

Comment

No need to switch TS channels -- brief in-game and either assign a dedicated CSAR frequency on the mission briefing (that both BLU and OPFOR are aware of) or let OPFOR figure it out by scanning.

Comment

The only reason I left Opfor/Blufor in the subchannel is for @ Brief, channel command instructions so they are not broadcast on both sides during briefing. All ACRE comms should happen in the same channel.

Comment

I have been working on a ACRE/ACE mission for the last 2 weeks, its in the mission thread, been tested on charlie multiple times. I believe it is ready for BRAVO now. The Dragons Lair for 10 players.

Comment

Update, as of 1.0.5 there is now the AN/PRC-117F which is the modern pack radio of the american armed forces.

ACRE_PRC117F
                              antennaLength = 750; // area in mm square
                              sinadRating = -118; // SINAD rating for radio
                              frequencyLimitBottom = 30.000;
                              frequencyLimitTop = 512.000;
                              frequencySpacing = 0.025;

I'll give you guys a more prettified version later :)

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                              Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X