The krause workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The krause workshop

This thread is dedicated to giving updates on what missions and ARMA2 content i'm working on.

August 11 2010:
    - Updated and converted 4 missions from pre-OA to compatibility:
    All missions include 4 Bradley fighting vehicles, realistically modeled, and involve a mechanized combat environment. Would make for excellent event missions, as they require a good deal of teamwork to pull off.

Winsen Spoil (CO 33) - Mechanized infantry spoil against an attacking Russian guards regiment. This mission has been updated to be easier.
    Winsen Reduction (CO 33) - Mechanized infantry pocket reduction against an overextended Russian battalion
    Garssen Breakout (CO 45) - Combined arms (+1 tank platoon) relief operation to rescue an encircled US battalion
    Queloh Raid (CO 33) - Mechanized raid on Russian rear area fuel dumps to disrupt operational ability of a tank regiment. This mission has been updated to be easier.

Conversion differences:
    - Updated anachronous classnames
    - Normalized scripting framework

August 12 2010:
    Working on the preliminary stages of a new campaign, co-authored by Falcon. The campaign will involve combat in the Golan Heights during the October War (Yom Kippur War). The players will be a Syrian BTR-60 platoon (x3 btrs) involved in the heaviest fighting October 7th - 12th, 1973. Heres a screenshot of the Israeli Tiran-5 tank which will be included in the campaign, designed by Piespy:

And for those interested, the orbat we are working off of: www.krauselabs.net/dump/orbat.takistan.zip (For those interested, make sure to switch on markers in the editor ;) )

Re: The krause workshop

What terrain are you planning to use to represent the Golan heights?

Comment

Originally posted by Fer View Post
      I'm guessing that Takistan fits the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Fer View Post
        Takistan, we are using Zargabad for the Sea of Galilee area.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
          Takistan, we are using Zargabad for the Sea of Galilee area.
          Just make sure that you can somehow keep high fps. Zargabad City for some reason has very poor performance, if you place more than 5, 6 squads of infantry and engage them, fps goes low.

Comment

I am having this problem with my Somalia mission. Zargabad is a lag fest and i'm making every concession in my mission just to maintain 20 fps. I wish BI could patch OA and specifically Zargabad to fix this.

Force
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36425&dateline=127483 7437

Comment

Originally posted by Force_Majeure View Post
              I am having this problem with my Somalia mission. Zargabad is a lag fest and i'm making every concession in my mission just to maintain 20 fps. I wish BI could patch OA and specifically Zargabad to fix this.

Force
              Its because of the AI pathing. It's a fault with the engine, I highly doubt it will ever be "patched"

And for those wondering I had no intentions of using the zargabad city centre in the campaign, just the outlying areas. I needed lush middle eastern terrain with rivers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X