JIP question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JIP question

OK so I've asked people round these here parts, searched the TG forums, searched the BIS forums and searched google, all while listening to the Inception OST to make the searching seem incredibly epic. No help. This is a complete mystery to me as its in so many missions.

How do I make my mission JIP?

I made 2 missions for the server for lower numbers since I noticed they were lacking. They are both COOPs and both no re-spawns. But I would like them to be JIP without leaving the AI on of course.

Is anyone able to help my poor tormented soul?

Re: JIP question

Make a file called description.ext in your mission folder

Put the following lines in:

respawn = 3;
    respawndelay = 45;
    disabledAI = 1;

Comment

Thank you Krause :)

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
        respawn = 3;
        respawndelay = 45;
        disabledAI = 1;
        Could you explain this further? Is there something special about the 45 here? Wouldn't that just make a 45 second base respawn?

I was under the impression that the only way to do JIP without respawn is to have a spec script take over after you die and let your body respawn elsewhere, out of the fight. So as far as the engine is concerned, you still respawn, but from the players POV, they go into spectator mode.

If there is an easier way, then I would love to take advantage of it :)

Comment

Originally posted by cheesenoggin View Post
          Could you explain this further? Is there something special about the 45 here? Wouldn't that just make a 45 second base respawn?

I was under the impression that the only way to do JIP without respawn is to have a spec script take over after you die and let your body respawn elsewhere, out of the fight. So as far as the engine is concerned, you still respawn, but from the players POV, they go into spectator mode.

If there is an easier way, then I would love to take advantage of it :)
          Ye I haven't actually tried this yet but what I want is there to be JIP in the mission but no respawn. So people can join after the mission starts

Comment

Respawn = 3 is respawn at base

Providing you don't have the markers setup for this what in theory will happen is that players will die and be sat watching what killed them til they dc ( as experienced with fallen badger v1)

As for wether that'll work with JIP, couldn't tell you. My puter is too sad to work properly and test :/

Note - this is not how i failed to get JIP working on Badger, however the respawn script also pointed to a marker which did not exist, hence I theorise a similar result.

Comment

I got it:

respawn = "GROUP";
              respawndelay = 10;
              disableAI = 1;

The results? One JIP mission.

I thank thee.

Comment

Hi Kief, too late for the mission you're working on now, but F2 contains JIP support built-in, including the ability for JIP'd players to choose a role-specific loadout and join-up with an existing fireteam (to act as reinforcements/replacements). Some links for you:

F2 main page (English): http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/
                OA JIP*: http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/i...cement_Options

* Assuming you're writing missions for OA, in which case you'll want to download and use the F2 OA Folk build.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X