Arty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arty

Any one know if the new arty system works.

Re: Arty

in short...yes

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It does, but it has problems. This is the reason the updated Ia Drang has the old school setup. Basicaly, you can select "Close, Medium, Far" as your fire modes each one changes the distance the rounds will fly. The only trouble is, it only really works with HE rounds. Anything else like WP, or Illum the "Close" setting actaully has the entire map listed as "Being Too Close To Fire".

I will explain a bit:

In the arty computer you have 2 circles. The inner most circle is the minimum safe distance you can fire a round. The outer circle is the max. Between those too, is your impact areas. When WP, or Illum is selected, the inner circle will take up almost the entire map thus preventing you from shooting at all. Even on close settings. The HE works almost the same way, however, the inner circle is far too big making placement of the arty critical if you want it to hit anything.

I would say avoid it till its fixed. Just open the arty and put in the init EngineDisableArtillery=True

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hmm ok well I've got it in my newest mission using D-30s. I'm only using HE rounds and haven't noticed a problem so at least for what I'm using it for it should be ok.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X