Need a script? Commission one here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a script? Commission one here!

Hey guys! I just wanted to start a thread going here in the script bin for people working on missions to post some ideas for scripts. While not every idea will be possible, having a place to put down your ideas in writing and share them with others, possibly with more scripting know-how, to get them developed. I am starting this thread namely because I myself am short on ideas for new scripts and want to learn more through practice on the skill. I'll be sure to credit anyone who comes up with an idea for any script I write that comes out of this thread. I also urge anyone else who takes an idea from here to kick-start a development to put credit where credit is due.

Here is a template for you to use for any ideas you may have when submitting them here:
    Anything marked with an (O) states it is optional. The Dev files of script section is for any files of yours that pertain to the idea, such us work you have already completed.

In-Game Name:
    Script Name (O):
    Summary of Script Functions:

Development Files of Script(O & If applicable)
    Additional Information(O):
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: Need a script? Commission one here!

Great initiative! Blackpython and thanks for stepping up.
    ...that being said.

ADMIN MESSAGE:

Please keep this thread as clean and to the point as possible. So BP can easily sort through them.

Any posts not relevant to the original post will be deleted.

Thank you.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Okay, I need a first person camera script.

Basically, I want to either,

a. start a mission with an non playable ai runiing to a building. I want players to see the action from the AI's perspective.

b. Do it myself via fraps, and use it as a cutscene to preclude the mission.

Are either of these scenarios possible?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

It woukd have to be option A because a mission that included video would use up a lot of bandwidth if its possible.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Unless I instruct the players to download the mission ahead of time from a file hosting service. In my past Scorpion missions, I have included media files and instead of hammering Bravo, we give out a link a head of time and walk the team through installing it independant of the TG server.

If you still think that is unacceptable, then I hopefully there is a way to go down the choice A path.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Also, after the Scorpion event had happened, I would request the mission be removed from the server, as it would eat too much bandwidth during downloading.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I would recommend the script to do 1st person, or just record via FRAPs and upload to youtube, giving out the link right before we play. That would avoid problems of having to download.

I personally have avoided camera scripts and cutscenes because of the TG SOPs against them in a mission, although this is obviously a special case scenario.

Dimitrius, I will put together an example mission tonight (I'm on Pacific, btw). You want this to happen right when the mission starts, right? Or as an Intro sequence?

Edit: check out this thread. Sounds like someone else was looking for the exact same thing as you:
              http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-person-camera

Money:

//switch camera to 1st-person of "unit"s viewpoint:
              unit switchCamera "INTERNAL"

//trigger condition to have your AI unit start moving (release waypoint):
              goTime = true;
              publicVariable "goTime";

//Then after some time you switch the camera back to the player. I would use a trigger in the editor to do this.
              http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/switchCamera

=======================
              Ofpec camera video tutorial:
              http://www.ofpec.com/editors-depot/i...=562&game=ArmA
              There is also this thread which may be useful:
              http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...o-for-missions
              Last edited by zilfondel; 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM.
              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
              -Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I have made some progress with the camera script feature, but I cannot figure out how to move the AIs head around. First person is great, but there is a point when I want the view to suddenly look right over the ais shoulder so as to see someone pursuing them.\

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Oh. Thats easy! There are several ways.

First, if you can find a proper "playmove" that matches what you are looking for:
                  http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Moves

unit playmove move;

Try these actions:
                  AidlPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_SleepC_lookAround

====================
                  Or, if you want your dude to look at a specific THING, use the lookAt command:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/lookAt

dude lookAt _soldier1
                  sleep 1;
                  dude lookAt _soldier2
                  sleep 1;

====================
                  Apparently you can also use doWatch:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doWatch

Use objNull as the target to order a unit to stop watching a position/target.

If you just wanted your guy to look over his shoulder while running, pick a spot over his right/left shoulder at that position, find the coordinates, and make the dowatch those world coordinates. sleep & then objNull the dowatch, rinse & repeat for looking over his other shoulder.

====================

Also mentioned on the forums was this bit:
                  For look at, after giving the lookAt command, maybe try disableAI "TARGET" and disableAI "AUTOTARGET" as well.
                  Last edited by zilfondel; 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM.
                  -Einstein

Comment

I think its ironic that I linked to your own post on the bistudio forums. :P

=================

Anyways, building from the demo mission you got from kylania, just add a few things:

-in your warlord's init field, enter this:
                    this disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

-add a marker named "markerwatch" - this will be your warlord's focus when he turns his head. I would place the marker close to the path of your warlord, so that as he passes it, he will look 180 degrees back. If you place it far off to the side, he will look to the side instead.

-add a trigger so that your warlord will run through it. In the In Activation field of the trigger put this:

warlord dowatch getmarkerpos "markerwatch";

^that will make the warlord occasionally turn around to watch the marker.

If you would like to make him stop watching backwards, put this instead:

warlord dowatch objnull;

Remember, these dowatch commands can go inside waypoints or triggers, doesnt really matter.
                    Last edited by zilfondel; 09-27-2012, 07:27 PM.
                    -Einstein

Comment

zil i can't thank you enough buddy. I will be working on this as soon as I can.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

After a few hours of tinkering, I was able to figure it out last night. Thanks Zorilya and anyone else who offered assistance. If I can help you out in any mission making endevour in the future, just say the word.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X