Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loadout mission script

hey guys,

I would like to introduce you to the RSLO Mod.
    a very time saving Loadout mod.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...light=RSLO+mod

what it offers:

- 5 different individual loadouts avaiable either in the first 4 minutes of a mission or at the Flag ( e.g. on Domination )
    - after setting up your personal favors and loadouts you can gear up within seconds
    - we save time for loading up wich we can invest into more preparation
    - people who get disconnected or have to reslot for any reason can get back to the battlefield faster

I introduced this mod already to the USSOCOM and it was welcomed warmly by those who were not too lazy to set it up.

available for questions

greetz
    what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Re: loadout mission script

Or Mission Makers can just kit out the players with appropriate gear ahead of time and off no choice on the matter. Saves even more time. I use Loadout Editor Arma to make my kits. Its missing some ACE gear, but it does its job well.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

LEA is god's gift to mission makers!
      Also wouldn't this prerequisite that there was a exact similar selection of weapons, ammo, items and what not over a series of missions? I could see it work with Domi if the equipment selection on for example Taki and Chernarus Domi was the exact same, but then again it isn't needed in my opinion.
      I sometimes skip the briefing screen and in-game use the time people rush to the boxes to form out a plan and briefing, which I hardly see a better alternative to in the sense of saving time.
      |
      | |

"Kirov is boss"
      CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

You know really grinds my gears? Iron sights. Its 2012! Lol

Comment

@Zephir,
          @J.B.,

tell me what is the "appropiate" gear for a domi server or an insurgency?

dont you think that the mission requires a bit more individual sensitivity.
          by setting the loadout for the people you set the tactic aswell.

and there are even more different tactics within the individual people.

I say : give people freedom of choice on their gear and let them do it however they think its best.

or is there some other condition like not using so modern weaponry?

@ J.B. can you rephrase that sentence of yours, please:

"I sometimes skip the briefing screen and in-game use the time people rush to the boxes to form out a plan and briefing, which I hardly see a better alternative to in the sense of saving time. "
          what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

Originally posted by kOepi123 View Post
            @Zephir,
            @J.B.,

tell me what is the "appropiate" gear for a domi server or an insurgency?

dont you think that the mission requires a bit more individual sensitivity.
            by setting the loadout for the people you set the tactic aswell.

and there are even more different tactics within the individual people.

I say : give people freedom of choice on their gear and let them do it however they think its best.

or is there some other condition like not using so modern weaponry?

@ J.B. can you rephrase that sentence of yours, please:

"I sometimes skip the briefing screen and in-game use the time people rush to the boxes to form out a plan and briefing, which I hardly see a better alternative to in the sense of saving time. "
            Well, since we aren't a "Domi Server" nor an "Insurgency Server" I'm finding it hard to find the context in which relates to TacticalGamer's servers. Free choice is alright in a mission where the point is to have freedom and no underlying story or plan, such as domi; however, since 99% of missions on TG have some sort of background and realistic sense to them, there isn't a need for a plethora of equipment choice. It saves a lot of time if squad structure is laid out for us and equipment is issued to the appropriate positions.

@The request for rephrasing:

From what I understood of what JB said, he means; As a Mission Commander, he likes to skip the briefing screen so that people are not sitting and waiting for the CO to formulate an overall plan, and let people skim through the ammobox instead while he is planning. This is in relation to the idea of everyone being in the briefing screen for briefing and then afterwords, everyone goes and take another ten minutes or so to situate their gear.
            Blackpython / ZephyrDark
            Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Python got it right. Excuse my Danishfied way of abusing the English language :)

Giving freedom of gear will result in the infamous Javelin-M109-USP-Vector-AN/PRC119 wielding medic, at least in the furthest extent.

To take it down on a tactical level it also undermines the fighting power of a squad if the equipment is too diverse, which is why I like to have my squad kitted out utilizing similar weapons. G.I. Joe1 can't exchange magazines with G.I. Joe2 because he runs a MK17 7.62 and himself a MK16 5.56. The same thing goes for any AT weapon. Where it really becomes critical is that it affects PID (Positive Identification) of enemies and Blue-on-Blue. Many times we identify a contact by being fired at, ie, the sound of the rifle firing and the bullet's sonic boom as they pass overhead. The supersonic booms tells us we are being fired at, the sound of the gunshot tells us where the enemy is, but what if an adjacent unit uses the exact same weapon as the OPFOR? It is a risk that has no logical reason to take what so ever. It also affects PID by appearance since the type of weapons carried by the OPFOR many times lets us identify them as enemy instead of friendly.

I only see it used if a mission series has the exact same gear available for each mission, or, if someone edits the domination maps we have, but then again LEA already does the job for the mission maker.

Originally posted by Scotty View Post
              You know really grinds my gears? Iron sights. Its 2012! Lol
              I guess you're referring to my Bear missions. We're 1970's Russkies, we don't need optics as long as we have vodka :D
              |
              | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

@Zephyr

maybe you havent been on lately, when I was on, there was a lot of domi going on.

I see that the mission maker wants to put the player into the right conditions with the loadout that he has to adapt in order to come along with it.

@ J.B.

like it has ever been, it always will be and how it is in real life, if you shoot with an opfor weapon, you will most likely be identified as opfor.
                let the kidz make some mistakes so they can learn from them.

if you pick up an opfor weapon and want to shoot with it, you HAVE to be aware that you might get shot by friendlies, especially when you dont tell anybody.

all the examples you gave can be gone through by a few sentences from the squad leader :

maximum weight 30 kg, main ammunition of the squad: 556.

and thats it !

I would understand and agree your words if you would be allowing only ironsight weapons for a normal infantry man, BUT

there are already a lot of weapons who are not only ironsighted or simplified in the boxes.

you dont have serversigning on, so you allow to play with other mods,
                weapon mods for example.

this would also allow keep the TG modpack smaller.

instead of requesting their favourite weapons out there and adding it to the modpack.

there are a lot of nice weapons out there.

e.g. an M4 with frontgrip, IR and Flashlight and a CCO which has an acceptable tiny red dot.
                and it is looking awesome, you can shoot accurate with it up to 200- 250 meter, like it should be.

I bet I am not the only one who likes to have a nice weapon.

@ J.B. about the briefing thingy

if you have good Fireteamleaders or not a complexe mission, you can skip that kind of briefing, in my opinion.
                but mostly you dont have the FTLs or you dont have a complexe mission.
                Last edited by kOepi123; 04-05-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

@Koepi
                  Not going to quote the whole post, but just want to make some simple points:

1.) We may run domination and insurgency, but they are not what our servers are about. They are simply some of our missions that are used primarily for seeding. They are normally being run on the server since there is normally a good deal of down time where the server population is much more than six.

2.) While it may be easy for a FTL or SL to state "This ammo, this weight", but when it comes down to it, weapon choice is always a hindrance and always a distraction. Players don't need their "favorite weapon" to have fun, the fun is in the mission and the journey there, not the pew-pew and the adrenaline rush (that is only part of it). Not counting Domi or Insurgency, missions (especially those made by our community) are normally not made to be shoot'em-up "pew-pew" kinds of mission where people just want to get out onto the playground and play with their favorite toys, they're made to be played in a specific way. They are made to be able to be played realistically and tactically.

3.) I say this with the utmost importance: We do NOT allow players to play with weapons, content, or gameplay affecting mods. These are NOT allowed due to the fact that they destabalize the server, cause glitches among the players, and can give players an unfair or disallowed advantage (such as equipment they are not supposed to have in the mission). The only mods allowed currently are client-side mods that do not propogate information across the server, such as ST HUD, ST Movement, Blastcore Effects, and similar.

4.) Most of our mission are designed by nature to have a Mission Commander that runs the mission. His job is to create an general plan for the team to follow and that is it. Due to this, our missions tend to have a decently complex set up that enforces this kind of game-play.

5.) While having "good fire team leaders" can help out the smoothness of a mission, we do not NEED them to always take the positions. We actively promote new players stepping up to bat and taking the challenge head on. While, not advised without a little help if they (the newbie) need it, it is something that I personally always love to see happen.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Koepi a couple of things you might want to read:
                    The Primer - the core of Tactical Gamer
                    The TG ArmA Server Rules and SOPs

Keep those in mind when here on the forums and when in-game on the servers.

The goal is solid teamwork, operating in a realistic manner.

While it might be fun having everyone run around with their own custom loadouts, it can be a nightmare for the chain of command to deal with, as J.B. pointed out some basics like having different/incompatible ammo types between teammates.

There are several threads here in the ArmA forums talking about Bravo, it's purpose/goal, what maps are played on it, etc. It's always a good idea to spend some time reading the forums before posting.

Having ready-built kits to choose from is something appropriate for Battlefield 3 (which I enjoy playing). I play ArmA for a deeper, more realistic experience. I'm all for mission makers properly kitting out the player slots, and not having a box to huddle around at the mission start.
                    sigpic
                    [squadl][conduct]

Comment

I think this thread has run its course.

Python and Woof have made some good points, so I am not going to repeat them. While we appreciate your suggestion there is a reason why we do not allow those mods. As woof said the goal is solid teamwork, operating in a realistic manner. Mission makers spend a lot of time trying to make the load outs and to equip the players appropriately.

When it comes to domination/insurgency it usually takes no more than 3 minutes to get your gear up. I do not see that as so much hassle.
                      - - -

Comment

@kOepi,
                        Thanks for bringing the suggestion to us. In fact this would be against the grain here at TG however. Each mission will have it's own flavour, own limitations on loadouts and that's part of the tactics. You have to learn to operate within your limitations, which as a music teacher told me once, is what makes you become more creative. So while it's a clear no to use this add-on, glad you would step up & offer your perspective.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Koepi, I don't hope you take our posts the wrong way. Suggestions like these are always welcome as Unkl says, we just happen to disagree :)
                          |
                          | |

"Kirov is boss"

Comment

@zephyr

thank you for not quoting.

if the choice of the gear is distraction or hindrance, do not give it so far you do already with the ammo box.
                            of course the gear is not the fun in the game, but it is nice if your gun looks good, is light and accurate.

ok, you say you dont allow mods, but server signing is off. why is that?

STHUD is affecting the gameplay as a mod!

"4" as I said again and I dont know why but I am repeating myself again, like I use the wrong english words.

I totally understand the purpose of a loadout made for the mission. let us never talk about that again.

"5" I disagree with that, though I like to challenge people with putting him into a position he hasnt been before, it often happens that
                            they are totally unprepared by their "superiors" and this is to the disadvantage of his teammembers and the fun.
                            and talking about that, in that very moment it is happening, is not helping anyone.

@ woof

I read these but can you point out why you gave me those?

give me one more example why, in a working team where the members follow the orders of the Fireteamleader, or some other part of the "chain of command" will have a disadvantage with an individual loadout.
                            I bet, in praxis, it even enriches the game, because some ppl take some C4 to breach a wall, take flashbangs to breach buildings, take an extra ammo box for the LMG and all those in their loadout kit.
                            all the things that fireteamleaders forget or dont think about or cannot point out in that specific way.

the ammo example is not valid, because we can only watch at this when we set it like we have a good "chain of command".

if we dont, there are a thousand things that can go wrong, not even related to the loadout.

are you suggesting that I should have read the forums about Bravo before I posted this?

it does not matter at all, in this thread, e.g. if they do not allow domination on Bravo in the forums, if they play it mostly.
                            or what am I missing?

@warfairy

do you mean "we do not allow" or "we forbid" mods?
                            fact is that you give, in this matter, the people the freedom to load any mod they like.

you can even have more time with this mod for your "solid teamwork", and stuff.

Again, I dont wanna talk about loadouts for normal missions, I care for insurgency or domi only, described as often changing requirements, player amout and role allocation for each mission !

for often playing people they need maybe two or three minutes for their own loadout, but when there are 10 ppl or more it easily takes up to ten minutes which are being wasted and could be
                            used for tactical explanation, briefing, instructing.
                            I often wait that time, the some dude says, we are doing "that", makes a little mistake in the plan and everybody dies.
                            everybody respawn and again 10 minutes of waiting.
                            if they did not rush into this situation it would looked different when other people could discuss the obvious misleads of the leader.
                            the loadout kit can give you these

thats how it looks from my perpective.

@ Unkl

yea, again, I see the point in giving a fixed loadout for normal missions.

@ J.B.

I clearly see that people may disagree, please dont take my words mainly as attempts to convince you,
                            I only dont like most of your arguments and want to invalidate them to you.

( theres no point for me invalidating them for me and telling you how good I was in doing that, so join my conversation )

Comment

Well there is a point about signature checking. I'm currently working on getting this as we speak. There are a few pieces of the puzzle I'm still putting together on how the configuration with Alpha will be moving so until that is decided it will stay as is. However, mods will be limited soon by this feature on Alpha & Bravo.

Your proposal for this mod, is it dependent on the mission or would it work in any mission regardless of the mission makers intent?
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer
                              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                              189th Infantry Brigade Member
                              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X