Python's Essentials - Script Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python's Essentials - Script Pack

Most of these scripts are still considered WIP. They have had limited testing and should be used at the mission maker's own risk. They should not cause harm to your computer.

Hey guys, I'm back with some more scripts that will are sure make your mission a little bit better.

This pack includes an empty template for a mission (init.sqf, description.ext) as well as all of the scripts I have developed for this pack.

The scripts it includes are:
    • Medkit Limiter: Restricts Medkits to a designated distance from buildings of your choice.
    • CASEVAC Stabilizer: Stabilizes units whilst they are inside of a medical vehicle, preventing them from dying. (VERY WIP)
    • JIP Radio: Allows for units without a long rage radio to access one at the base. This allows for JIPs and respawns to get orders without having to resort to using Side or Global Chat.
    • JIP Map: For use with ACE Map System. Allows for JIPs without maps at the start of a mission to temporarily get a map whilst they are at the main base.
    • ACRE Retransmit: Allows for a retransmission point to be set up easily at the start of a mission to allow for long range communications regardless of terrain.
    • Insta-Wall: Allows for areas defined by a marker to be walled in with the desired type of wall.

DOWNLOAD LINK
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 07-15-2012, 12:02 PM. Reason: Update of link
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: Python's Essentials - Script Pack

Thanks BP for showering us with more scripting gifts. Tell you the truth I was already peeking at how you did the JIP stuff as it seemed extremely useful. I think that this should almost be a standardized feature for maps with respawn and objectives that several kilometers away.
    sigpic

Comment

Nice one BP I was looking for a med script just like those, although how is the CASEVAC working? how WIP is it?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Well I haven't done any Dedicated MP testing on the Stabilize script. The way it works is it checks if a player is unconscious and is inside of a medical facility. Once the player is in the medical vehicle every twenty seconds it runs the same function that runs when a player is doing CPR to another player. Since the function boosts a player's life timer by twenty seconds, it effectively keeps a player's life timer stable (won't lower beyond a certain point and shouldn't raise).

And... I just noticed an error in my copy and pasting! haha, The script will be fixed here in a moment, and I will edit this post when it is fixed.

Code:
        /*
        ===========================================================================
        =====================Python's CASEVAC Stabilization========================
        ===========================================================================

#########Execution line: (Place in init.sqf)#########
        nul = execVM "stabilize.sqf";

----------------------------------
        -----------Instructions-----------
        ----------------------------------
        Script works by checking getting a list of all vehicles that are considered to be ACE Medical Vehicles.

To stabalize a player, you must place them inside of a medical vehicle. Once they are inside of the vehicle, the player should be kept stable by the script.

*/

//=========================DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE==========================
        while {true} do
        {
        	sleep .1;
        	_timeThen = 10; //Gives player 10 second wait until they're life timer starts to get boosted.
        	_unit = player;
        	_vehArray = [];
        	{if ([_x] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_isMedicalFacility) then {_vehArray = _vehArray + [_x]};} forEach vehicles;
        	_vehState = [];

while {[_unit] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_isUncon} do
        	{
        		{if (_unit in crew _x) then {_vehState = _vehState + [1];} else {_vehState = _vehState + [0];};} forEach _vehArray;
        		if (1 in _vehState && (time - _timeThen >= 20)) then
        		{[_unit, 3] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_handlenet2; _timeThen = time};
        		sleep 0.01;
        	};
        };
        Download Link Updated 7/15/12 , Version 1.2-71512
        (If an admin could update the link above with this link here, that would be fantastic, thanks!)
        Last edited by ZephyrDark; 07-15-2012, 11:02 AM.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Very nice indeed BP! Keep them coming!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Ok some questions

1: any chance you could provide an example for the med kit limiter, cant see to work out what I need to enter for the object array, do I need the object name? the editor name? or whatever I cant see to get it working and since I know nothing about scripts it has be beat lol

2: Can the limiter also include epi but allow morphine, i'd like to have it so anyone who is down must be brought back to base

3: The retransmit script, can it be attached to a object ie a C-130 flying around?
            Last edited by AdeptAbyss; 07-15-2012, 01:41 PM.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

1. Object Array = Array of Object NAMES (as in variable name, not classname). Example: [UH60,FH,MedHmmwv]

2. Yes, it can, it would just require it to search a player's gear and ruck for epinephrine as well. Not that hard to do, but difficult to explain.

3. The RXMT script provided uses the ACRE Static RXMT Function. There is an attachToObject version, which I believe works (we used it during Idyllic Autumn). I can make it so that the mission maker can choose which type they want by adding an extra argument to it where (such as you'd put 0 or 1 to define Static or Attached). It would then change the required arguments following in order to get the correct information.
              Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Alright got it working in the end, but it seems the first medlimit script doesn't remove from backpacks and the second one which included epi, I got errors and didnt work, something about line 53

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                  Alright got it working in the end, but it seems the first medlimit script doesn't remove from backpacks and the second one which included epi, I got errors and didnt work, something about line 53
                  If by Backpacks you mean Vanilla backpacks, that's because there's nothing in the code that does so.

If you mean ACE Rucks, well, it should work (and iirc it worked for me in testing) since it is using the ACE system's API Functions to check if there are the items in the ruck as well as removing them from the rucks.

Also, the error at line 53 on the new version was just a few missing semi-colons. I found them and have fixed them for the next version.

Just a heads-up to everyone, I am currently out of commission so I can't test these scripts in game for a little while. I managed to fry my mouse and am currently in the process of getting a new one.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Any update on these scripts?

Comment

Still working on a few, I want to make sure they're all good and working before I release them, as well as getting my "Bandage inside vehicle" script. I also have to do a few changes due to the recent ACE Wounds revamp. Will hopefully keep you guys updated.
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Update:
                        Version 1.3-72812

Changelog:
                        • Instawall now only runs on server. Fixes mass-lag in MP.
                        • mkLimit features Epinephire, Morphine limitation as well. Allows for multiple vehicles. Updates gear amount properly now.
                        • Stabilize tested on MP, works (well, SHOULD work).
                        • MIV.sqf(MedicInVehicle) not included, still WIP.
                        • rxmt now features ability to designate rxmtToPos and rxmtToObj. Check instructions for details.
                        • Fully function readme.html, allows for quick refence of scripts and instructions in browser.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ytyzaz8zntvl215
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Script-Pack updated to version 1.4.83112!

Changelog:
                          • REMOVED: ACE Wounds Stabilization. ACE has implemented a similar, even better, system into the actual mod. Works the same way, stops life timer while in medical vehicles.
                          • FIXED: RXMT Example Values. Were not set to defaulted channels assigned in ACRE. Still worked, but players needed to manually set the frequency.
                          • CHANGED: Insta-wall now can now create 4/3/2/1 sided walled compounds
                          • ADDED:More info about respawn value in the description.ext comments
                          Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ni62uygvu68u6i3

Note to Admins/Mods: Please update the first post with Changelog, version number, and download link. Thanks!
                          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

New Version: 1.5.102412
                            Download Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102400142/P...1.5.102412.zip
                            Changelog v1.5.102412:
                            • ADDED:No Respawn ScoreCard script. Allows for percentile scoring system to be easily implements based on players alive at end of mission as well as factoring in side tasks.

Changelog v1.4.83112:
                            • REMOVED: ACE Wounds Stabilization. ACE has implemented a similar, even better, system into the actual mod. Works the same way, stops life timer while in medical vehicles.
                            • FIXED: RXMT Example Values. Were not set to defaulted channels assigned in ACRE. Still worked, but players needed to manually set the frequency.
                            • CHANGED: Insta-wall now can now create 4/3/2/1 sided walled compounds
                            • ADDED: More info about respawn value in the description.ext comments

Changelog v1.3.72812:
                            • ADDED:Fully function readme.html, allows for quick refence of scripts and instructions in browser.
                            • FIXED: Instawall now only runs on server. Fixes mass-lag in MP.
                            • CHANGED: mkLimit features Epinephire, Morphine limitation as well. Allows for multiple vehicles. Updates gear amount properly now.
                            • CHANGED: rxmt now features ability to designate rxmtToPos and rxmtToObj. Check instructions for details.
                            • UPDATE: Stabilize tested on MP, works (well, SHOULD work).
                            • UPDATE: MIV.sqf(MedicInVehicle) not included, still WIP.
                            Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                            Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...