FAR simplicity meets INS complexity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] FAR simplicity meets INS complexity

A revive system which handles damage with its own rules and unconscious state is reached without being killed first. (No longer actively supported and developed, still known bugs in terms of aesthetics, but considered mature in terms of functionality.)

Usage (function mode):
    Code:
    [] spawn TG_fnc_revive;
    Features :
    • forced delayed respawn
    • Saving and restoring gear upon true death
    • Prone dragging, carrying
    • Prolonged revive time. (30 secs + random 5) with medic having an advantage
    • Config based revive options (Medic only, FAK required, Need to be near medical truck....)
    • Stabilizing to stop bleedout timer
    • Player does not really die, compatible with zeus and other BIS respawn based missions (MCC)

Download
    DropBox
    Last edited by hedgehog; 10-06-2016, 06:58 AM. Reason: Updating thread

Re: FAR simplicity meets INS complexity

Yesterday, during a late afternoon session, we had a couple of instances where a medic would lose access to revive/heal functions, if someone walked away from them as they were healing. I dont know if this is a new bug, or an issue that's being addressed. Just thought I'd let you know.

Ramna,
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, there were 4 of use all kneeling around a down man looking like we were having a nice little chat, bullets flying and all sorts of havoc. Quite funny actually.

Comment

Interesting indeed. The setSkill bug didn't explain all that we have been seeing. Thanks B. Shouldn't be too hard to test this theory. Sure has been making me more cautious in game.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

BIS_was Hit will be censored by the forums causing an error.
          Let me guess blocked due to suspected sql injection? If so, that has been making be use paste bin in our script bin which I'm not keen on.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B
            Please update your revive scripts... Simply overwrite the old fn_revive.sqf and change the config variables. I am seeing the older version on newer missions. Unkl, please update your template. Shawn and Cody please update your revive scripts. The latest version is: TG_Edit 2016_03_02. The newest version features more forgiving damage handling and damage effect. Takes away the feeling of being one-shotted.

You can the latest one here from my dropbox.
            I'll update my lone mission as well and add it to the two I have "in progress".

Thanks for the update.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B
              Please update your revive scripts... Simply overwrite the old fn_revive.sqf and change the config variables. I am seeing the older version on newer missions. Unkl, please update your template. Shawn and Cody please update your revive scripts. The latest version is: TG_Edit 2016_03_02. The newest version features more forgiving damage handling and damage effect. Takes away the feeling of being one-shotted.

You can the latest one here from my dropbox.
              Where is this file now? Download link isn't working. [MENTION=4091]|TG| B[/MENTION]
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

new live link

Comment

Thanks very mucho.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X