Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yink's Group Manager (YGM)

Yink's Group Manager (YGM)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

By: |TG-355th| Yink

Tactical Gamer - The PREMIERE community for mature gamers

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yink's Group Manager (YGM)

v 1.0

[email protected] - if you have any mission dev questions

Features:

• manage groups on the fly
    • rename them
    • kick/invite members
    • works for all 4 factions
    • admin compatible

Usage:

1. copy YGM folder into main mission directory (where the init.sqf is)

2. based on game mode, put one of these lines in the init.sqf:

PvP:
    execVM "YGM\Inits\initYGMpvp.sqf"; //PVP will put all members into one big group

Coop:
    execVM "YGM\Inits\initYGMcoop.sqf"; //COOP will put only kicked members into large group

3. put this line in the description.ext

#include "YGM\Dialogs\YinkGmDefines.hpp"

4. press Teamswitch key ingame to access manager
    (default "U")

Download:

YGM 1.0

Repository

Todo:

make activation key dynamic. currently its locked to T because of some scripting limitations i had earlier, but i ended not using that feature but stuck with the static bind anyways. in the next release it will be bound to the users teamswitch key. done, saved as 1.0. changed 1 line in the script

Last edited by Yink; 02-20-2015, 03:44 AM.
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Re: Yink's Group Manager (YGM)

lol my name is all over this post

Comment

Awesome. Congrats on the release. Can't wait to open it up and look under the hood.

Comment

So I have added YGM to a number of missions. The script is still in its infancy and multiple problems arises when tested against large scale real missions. The following are what I have noticed:
        • AI groups are also displayed in the groups. If there are multiple friendly AI groups, the list becomes long and confusing. It also looks like the newly joined players start out in their own group.
        • The displayAddEventHandler "keyDown" gets removed everytime the dialog is open... But every keyDown eventhandlers are removed. If the mission has multiple of these, just by openning and closing the dialog this script breaks all the other keyDown eventhandlers. This was the case with one of the missions.
        • Renamed squads are not synced to JIPs I think... Even though group members saw the custom group name, the newly arriving JIPs saw Alpha 1-3.
        • The admin power which should be able to move players and stuff, did not work or was not very clear on how to do that. The admins were powerless against the sea of unassigned public players who refused to join a squad.

You do not have to keep working on this script Yink, as it will phase out eventually with vanilla group manager sure to take over. I just wanted to leave you some feedback.

Comment

Thank you for your efforts Yink.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
            So I have added YGM to a number of missions. The script is still in its infancy and multiple problems arises when tested against large scale real missions. The following are what I have noticed:
            • AI groups are also displayed in the groups. If there are multiple friendly AI groups, the list becomes long and confusing. It also looks like the newly joined players start out in their own group.
            • The displayAddEventHandler "keyDown" gets removed everytime the dialog is open... But every keyDown eventhandlers are removed. If the mission has multiple of these, just by openning and closing the dialog this script breaks all the other keyDown eventhandlers. This was the case with one of the missions.
            • Renamed squads are not synced to JIPs I think... Even though group members saw the custom group name, the newly arriving JIPs saw Alpha 1-3.
            • The admin power which should be able to move players and stuff, did not work or was not very clear on how to do that. The admins were powerless against the sea of unassigned public players who refused to join a squad.

You do not have to keep working on this script Yink, as it will phase out eventually with vanilla group manager sure to take over. I just wanted to leave you some feedback.
            [*] AI groups are also displayed in the groups. If there are multiple friendly AI groups, the list becomes long and confusing. It also looks like the newly joined players start out in their own group.
            if there is a playable unit in the AI group, it will be added to the list. other than that, im not sure, id have to see an example.
            which version were you running for the players in their own groups? this is maybe caused by renaming groups and new players trying to join the original listed groups.

The displayAddEventHandler "keyDown" gets removed everytime the dialog is open... But every keyDown eventhandlers are removed. If the mission has multiple of these, just by openning and closing the dialog this script breaks all the other keyDown eventhandlers. This was the case with one of the missions.
            this was lazy by me, lol. i didnt take that into consideration, but can be changed in the function fnc_yink_activate in the "functionGM.sqf". this version came out of me rushing myself.

Renamed squads are not synced to JIPs I think... Even though group members saw the custom group name, the newly arriving JIPs saw Alpha 1-3
            noted. wasnt sure how that interacted with JIPs. some extra coding should fix this up

The admin power which should be able to move players and stuff, did not work or was not very clear on how to do that. The admins were powerless against the sea of unassigned public players who refused to join a squad.
            i might have to see this in action (script errors, maybe admin condition somehow didnt get passed). im not sure what would cause this because the functions are pretty straight forward.

[MENTION=4091]|TG| B[/MENTION], thanks for the feedback, i wasnt even sure if this was being used and its nice to get some bug reports (oxymoron, amirite?). but ya i will try to fix it if you think its worth it with the vanilla GM coming out.

Comment

I had no problem using admin powers tonight. When an admin is logged in an invite to the squad is just processed immediately.

There is always one empty squad with an ai named "entity" which serves as a placeholder for any unasssigned players when running in PvP mode.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

What happened during our gameplay was that there were several one AI groups which were placed to protect the base... Not one. About ten groups. Among these bunch of groups only three groups were Human groups. When we requested the new players to join so and so, they had to click on each of the ten groups to find the human groups.

I should have thought that is how the admin power works. The situation was different though. There were three groups. New players are assigned to one of the groups... The logged in admin does not want the new player to join his group but want to force him into one of the other groups... I think that is where we we confused about how to do it.

So for now, if nothing has changed, YGM is still in MCC 9.1 as well as in Unk's mission Squad Role.

Comment

[MENTION=4091]|TG| B[/MENTION] logged in admins have squad leader rights in their current squads, only difference is they dont require player acceptance for the player to actually join the group

I will change it if you do request so, but its up to you. I'd also want to see the mission with the AI groups.

Comment

You don't have to spend time on this on my account Yink. I don't think I will use YGM for missions I work on. In case somebody wants to adopt it, I am leaving some of the things that were encountered when I adopted it for a bit.

The mission with the AI groups (link is still live and YGM is injected already): Invade Altis v2.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X