REQUEST for Custody Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUEST for Custody Script

I am requesting a script which allows arresting civilians and enemies by handcuffing them and forcing them to kneel or lie face first on the ground.

Then an addaction which will tell them to get into a certain vehicle.

Thanks.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: REQUEST for Custody Script

started doing some work on this. important things are removing weapons, setting captives, and doing a surrender action.
    for example:
    Code:
    enemy1 setCaptive true;
    enemy1 action ["Surrender",enemy1];
    the question lies in how this is executed. can you just run up to a enemy/civilian and arrest them? what options do you want when you do arrest them? some good details will go a long way.
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Per our conversation this evening.

Lets go with the arrest animation. On approach, a player should be able to give the addaction command to arrest. Once arrested there should be three options, Interrogate, Release(And Run away), Get in vehicle.

Thanks again.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Get in vehicle - is there a way to script this so you dont end up wondering where the heck the ai is going and why does it always seem to be where you just called that arty strike?
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

[MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION]
          what do you mean?

Comment

Civilian ai in a3 are way more lets say "independent" minded than a2. They run off the wrong way...get scared or whatever. If some dudes broke me outta a hell hole it would be a different story. I think the script should probably account for this by reissuing the command at tegular intervals until completed or something like that. Hey, test and see.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

i did some light testing with the surrender action and an enemy didnt react when he was aware of me or even getting shot by me right in his face. ill have to test their behavior when issued a dogetin command and theyre in a panicked state. also i think they removed the setCourage command.

Comment

I have recently used a third party script for hostage rescue. It does a nice job of making sure civilians stay put and adds multiple kinds of addaction to control it...

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29946

To customize it, it will need some work I think. I wanted to leave it so at least it can be used as a reference.

Comment

update: just cleaning stuff up and such. do you want all players to have access to the release actions after one player arrests?

Comment

up to dimi where this wants to go. saw B's post a little late

Comment

Yink yes is like anyone to be able to give orders.

B I'll check it out.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

What did you all come up with on this?
                        May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                        -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/19...omment=3058266

This is what I used for Serpents 2. If you download the zipped file Demo mission and open it up in the editor, there is a guy restrained on the ground, which you can free. The corresponding script is also in that zip file.

Comment

Now how to make it work in reverse (detain instead of free) and then be able to transport him?
                            May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

the bulk of the script that B linked is for removing and adding the action to the players, with the bread and butter of the script being the hostageDemo_hostageId. you could rework this function for detaining purposes. whats the deal with this terminal stuff? is this a new a3 thing?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X