Six Updater vs Yoma?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Updater vs Yoma?

Hello everybody. I've recently been trying to learn about the available mods (ACE, CBA, etc.) and launchers with them. I see that TG uses Yoma. Is this essentially the same thing as Six Updater? Is one easier than the other to navigate and manage the mods with updates and whatnot?

This is all a bit confusing/daunting as a new player, so I'm still trying to get used to it but also expand my knowledge on these sorts of things. If anything I wouldn't mind uninstalling everything and reinstalling Arma2, OA and BAF just to start from scratch and make sure I'm up to date so I can play with you guys.

Please let me know!

Re: Six Updater vs Yoma?

We have additional content that is not provided via Six. We choose to update once a week, where SIX is as the repositories are updated. In the past SIX may release midweek updates or multiple updates per week, this became too cumbersome for our userbase, and we decided to use a once a week approach. All the custom island content we use, is not provided by SIX. Nor are some of the additional addon units and map editor additions required by some of the missions we run.

Simply, YOMA is there for a convince for our playerbase.
    Yoma/AddonSync is generally considered to be more straightforward to install and update with. (you do not need to run a local webserver nor ruby on rails plugins just to check your mod content)

If you have used SIX to update to current, that is not a bad thing. Just cross compare with AddonSync to pick up the slight differences that we have, specifically our island pack @TGMaps
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Alright. Just because I'm OCD like this, I'll uninstall everything and then reinstall Arma2, OA and BAF. Then I'll find Yoma and get that. I'm assuming there are instructions for using Yoma in this forum somewhere, so I'll just go off of that. :) Many thanks Impulse. I truly appreciate the input.

Comment

No need to uninstall anything. At most you'll have to delete stuff, but probaly not even that. Extra addons do no harm if they're not loaded when the game is launched.

Comment

I use six updater and I updated ACE today just to realise that the server is running an older version. If I use yoma now to reverse the version will it break future updates with six?
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

No...
            SIX updates off of the ACE Repository.
            Our AddonSync is built off of the same repository with some slight modifications (@TGMaps, and optional extracted user configs).
            We choose to run AddonSync, to keep the number of updates to a static number per week. We only update on Fridays, unless there is a MAJOR game breaking error with ACE.
            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Thanks impulse, but I only was able to update yesterday. I already downgraded using yoma.
              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...