ARMA ..PMC... Just updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA ..PMC... Just updated

I think I just got ARMA's Private Military Company Addon--or update or whatever.. First I heard of it..and it was free..so thanks BIS... !!

It was in a STEAM UPDATE...
    http://www.arma2.com/pmc
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: ARMA ..PMC... Just updated

It is part of the 1.56 patch, just as BAF was part of a previous patch. It is not free, but they do include the low detail model/sounds/islands for the DLC content so that players can continue to play with content made with the DLC, even if they themselves have not purchased it.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Got this error on running updater (I don't have exact words).."jaylib cannon create file" but after running a 3rd time through the patch seemed to go. I'd gotten patch from Steam so it was running as I launched OA.....but now that error no longer shows up.

Then this one pops up when I launch & when I join the Bravo server (I just updated Yoma too)...
      "Script
      ca\modules\pmdfunctions\campaign\fn_initIdentity.s qf not found"

I don't have time to search for a solution at the moment but maybe tomorrow late afternoon. Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if it's a Steam only prob, or Win7, or??
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

jaylib is custom built during the ACRE run. jay is a player who was developing a alternative radio during the VOIP non-functioning times... jay lib is, i think, a custom built library which is used by ACRE... Stick with Alpha for now until the Yoma files are cleaned up by Admins...

Hey, if I am wrong, correct me.

Comment

yea it's not free, you only get low resolution textures unless you buy the DLC.

i'm wondering if i should get it or not, just bought the BAF DLC yesterday, these $10 DLCs sure chews through the wallet little by little :/

Comment

Actually, the error message your describing above is a CBA failure. Not JayArmA2LIB. Yoma will be updated shortly to address the CBA incompatibility (non critical) with 1.56.

In addition JayArmA2Lib auto patches itself as of the last few weeks auto updates with game client launch so it is no longer an issue of being compatible with current beta nor game version.
            Last edited by Impulse 9; 11-30-2010, 11:35 PM.
            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

The website mentions something about the Armoury function and on the fly missions online with up to 8 people. Is this a feature if the patch or part of the paid for dlc. I wasn't aware Armoury had this feature before, anyone know anything about this. Posting from phone, at work, otherwise I check it out myself.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unk;1568898Then this one pops up when I launch & when I join the Bravo server (I just updated Yoma too)...
                "Script
                ca\modules\pmdfunctions\campaign\fn_initIdentity.s qf not found"[/QUOTE]

Ok so a quick search of the BIS forum tells me there is an issue with updater trying to run at the same time as the game launches so it can't patch files that are in use. Seems to be a Steam issue. Explains what I'm seeing on my machine. Will have to wait for a fix to be posted as I can't join the Bravo server until patched properly.

Excerpt from BIS forum:
                Yep, same here, "not available". Tried the usual fixes: administrator mode, deletec clientregistry.blob, removed write protection of game folder.

AFAIK datacachepreprocessor.exe is supposed to run to complete the installation, but it does not happen. I also tried starting that manually but got the same "Not available...". With BAF I had the problem that the game + datacacheprocessor start simultaneously, and of course it can't patch any files that are in use. Running the exe separately helped, but this time it seems like a Steam fail.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

The real problem is that steam is more of a technical afterthought for BIS.

Steam has great support for DLC (just look at Empire:Total war or Train simulator), but Arma2 cannot use this feature because of the way it's set up. Every time BIS makes a dlc it has to be released as a separate game, which in turn has to be installed and copied into the foldersystem with another installer. They're basically ignoring steam's patching ability to do that.

Steam is pretty great, but the way BIS utilizes it is rather iffy. Maybe they'll set up the next game for better dlc integration. But yeah, also waiting for a solution :/

Comment

Good Point.. I haven't got the Combined arms to work all that consistently with STEAM..and now I am adding PMC to it.. Should really muck things up a bit..eh?
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

My PMC troubles fixed themselves after re-downloading it. Once done and running it it installed itself properly, although there were still two seperate instances of PMC activated. After deactivating one everything worked as it should.

Combined Operations can be a bit of a pain to set up, but once you get the hang of the file/modstructure and the commandline options itīs pretty simple.

You should try SpiritedMachine`s Arma2 launcher. Itīs a pretty nifty tool that ought to work with any combination of retail/steam/digital versions of a2/ao. I use it to run my Steam CO and it works fine and dandy consistently.

Comment

Got it at last. Had to shut down firewall/av & run updaters for both BAF & PMC. Then disable the second version of PMC in the expansions list in game. I guess my BAF never worked properly but I hadn't noticed. Now to launch them have to use the Spirited Machine's launcher...works great & get access that way to the single player campaigns. I have steam version of CO.

Also remember to shut down & restart steam after you successfully apply the patch. Otherwise there is a lag issue.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X