"wait for host"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "wait for host"

so...every time i try to connect to one of the TG servers i get a black screen and a "wait for host " message that seems to go on forever. am i doing something wrong? or not doing something i am supposed to do? is it because besides me the server is empty?

Re: "wait for host"

I asked Jacezz and he said the server might be lagging or something. I got the same symptoms as you on the Bravo server, however the Alpha server worked like a charm.
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Greetings Redd....welcome to TG ARMA.

I think you are connecting to the server successfully but no mission has been started or is running when you connect. This means you are the only one on the server bascally. If this is the case you receive the "Wait for Host" message.

Try this...Press Shift + P and you'll open up a server control dialogue box. Highlight your name then press vote admin. You should see something in the lower left flast ___________ voted admin. Then click "missions" and you'll open a dialogue box for starting a mission on the server. At this point you will have several maps to choose from and each map will have several missions to choose from, including Domination, which has been running on the server quite a bit of late.

After you select the mission you'll sometimes have an option to manage the parameters of the mission. For a mission like Domi there are a couple of dozen parameters you can change like time of day, ARTY reload time and range and other mission specific things. Other missions don't have or need this feature and it's good to go from the get go.

See you on the servers...
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
        Greetings Redd....welcome to TG ARMA.

I think you are connecting to the server successfully but no mission has been started or is running when you connect. This means you are the only one on the server bascally. If this is the case you receive the "Wait for Host" message.

Try this...Press Shift + P and you'll open up a server control dialogue box. Highlight your name then press vote admin. You should see something in the lower left flast ___________ voted admin. Then click "missions" and you'll open a dialogue box for starting a mission on the server. At this point you will have several maps to choose from and each map will have several missions to choose from, including Domination, which has been running on the server quite a bit of late.

After you select the mission you'll sometimes have an option to manage the parameters of the mission. For a mission like Domi there are a couple of dozen parameters you can change like time of day, ARTY reload time and range and other mission specific things. Other missions don't have or need this feature and it's good to go from the get go.

See you on the servers...
        That's good info Grunt, but that's not the problem (atleast not for me).

I get to the "wait for host" screen, press shift+P but I don't appear on the userlist. I can't vote an admin or anything.

It says that I am connecting, I don't get the message that I am connected to the server.
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Try manually typing #vote admin {insert your name here}. For me it would be:

#vote admin |TG| Lorelei

Make sure you use spaces, underscores, caps, numbers, etc when you vote the exact same way your name is or it won't work.

Comment

This may be the same issue as the update on Steam not being applied because it runs after it has launched the game & can't patch a file in use. I am getting stuck at the "Wait for Host" screen as well on Bravo...and if I try to run the PMC content I just paid for on Alpha...grrrrr

I'm sure there will be a fix soon.

Check some of the other post update posts to see if the error mssgs reported relate to anything you've seen.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I had this problem a while back after one of the other updates. I basically connected to the server, then did something else for about 20 minutes or so and it would connect.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X