Deleted files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted files

Hey guys. I got a bit of a problem when trying to join the Bravo server. I ran Addon Syc 2009 a few days ago and after it updated it asked if I wanted to delete unused files. I selected yes. However, now when I try to join the Bravo server I get a message saying those files I deleted are required.

So I figured I would just go back into Addon Sync and redownload those files but it appears my game is up to date and I dont see where I can download those files I deleted.

any ideas? Do I have to completely uninstall and start from scratch? thanks

Re: Deleted files

When it asks if you want to delete those files after updating with Yoma, you should say yes. These files have been replaced by new ones therefore are extra files. That should not have affected anything.

Comment

You could possibly have a "cannot play edit this mission missing content" pop up. If you press OK, it still works. That is a common pop up.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

i was getting the same sort of errors. i was able to connect, but not spawn...i tried a few things...now i get kicked back to the lobby, i cant even get on the server.

Comment

Ah... YOMA doesn't actually give all the mods you need when you click required. Go to the teamspeak menu for Bravo and make a custom modstring list according to what you need.

The big thing that it doesn't add is the Navy thing, I believe, which isn't used on all maps anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerofthegame View Post
            The big thing that it doesn't add is the Navy thing, I believe, which isn't used on all maps anyway.
            But you will still need it 'cause the server requires it. Though you can play most missions without it but some of the missions that require it, will kick you out of the game.
            sigpic
            Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerofthegame View Post
              Ah... YOMA doesn't actually give all the mods you need when you click required. Go to the teamspeak menu for Bravo and make a custom modstring list according to what you need.

Check your settings, confirm that all folders are checked in the left hand side of AddonSync.

The following Mods are included with our AddonSync Repository, and are confirmed to have been there.

@ACE
              @ACEX
              @ACEX_SM
              @ACEX_RU
              @ACEX_USNavy
              @CBA
              @TGMaps

... If your USNavy folder has been unchecked please confirm this to your local client before claiming that we are not providing content.
              Again no changes have been made to the repositories in content in over a month, short of our weekly updates.
              All Patches required that are outside of Steam, are mirrored by us, and linked in our requirements pages, and getting started guides.
              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

hmm..i wonder if its a steam issue on my end. doesn't matter now tho...i wont be playing until i upgrade (as per the other thread) my old rig finally gave out, and my laptop is only good for surfing the net. it MIGHT run diabloII. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                  Official blah blah
                  No, the downloads are fine. However, if you use Yoma to launch the game it will automatically set up a mod string for you. If you use the pre-set Required addons, or Required addons + Optional addons, it does not add @ACEX_RU or @AXEX_USNavy to the string, thus not enabling them. Which is what I'm referring to.

Comment

Understood.
                    Corrections will be made on default mod lines for the AddonSync users.
                    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X