Attention steam users!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention steam users!

so, if you are a steam user, and are having trouble connecting to the bravo server, its likely because you need to enable combined operations. after much research i found a fix. sorry if this has been posted before, but i couldn't find anything about it when i was having problems.

use this command line to enable combined ops (arms?) the quotes at the beginning and end are needed because of the spaces in the command. the (x86) part is if you have windows 7, 64 bit i believe. just delete that part of the line if you dont have a folder: "program files (x86) it should just be in "program files" in that case.

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion"

i add that AFTER the no splash command, but BEFORE the server mod string. so my complete command line looks like this:

-nosplash -world=empty "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion" [email protected];@acex;@acex_sm;@cba;@tgmaps;@acex_usnavy; @acex_ru;@stmovement;@sthud;@DC

note the -mod= string after the quotes. this needs to be there with a space after the last quote but no space before the first @.

to change the command line go to: steam-library-arma2: operation arrowhead--right click and go to properties-set launch options. then enter the command line you want. feel free to copy and paste my line, but know that i have added: @stmovement;@sthud;@DC to thje server mods, so you will need these. but they are good mods anyway. what ever you add, make sure that @DC is LAST in the string. i dont know why, but thats the only way it works.

all this means that you can NOT launch from YOMA. but it is still handy to download and install any new server mods. just have yoma set the mod string, and copy and paste it in after the combined ops line.

i hope that helps...and again, sorry if this has been posted before.

Re: Attention steam users!

or just run this: http://unitedoperations.net/arma2/gu..._coSymlink.rar

will set up a symlink and let you launch with any method

Comment

hmmm...i wish i had found THAT 3 days ago...lol.

Comment

Personally I use the Spirited Machine's ARMA 2 Launcher. It does all the command line stuff for you, and also doubles as a server browser.
        http://www.spiritedmachine.com/software_gaming.html

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

do these mod launchers work to run combined arms in steam tho? that was the big issue for me. yoma was great for launching mods, but the stream download is so fussy for running the combined version...and that was the reason i was getting kicked from bravo server. all the missing and "deleted" file messages went away when i had it running as combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
            do these mod launchers work to run combined arms in steam tho? that was the big issue for me. yoma was great for launching mods, but the stream download is so fussy for running the combined version...and that was the reason i was getting kicked from bravo server. all the missing and "deleted" file messages went away when i had it running as combined.
            spirited machine's launcher can do what you had in your OP automatically. I use it even though I have combined by install already, it's a nice launcher

Comment

thanx...i'll have to check it out. :)

Comment

thanks for helping out Sandi!!

Redd, give us a shout if this works so other will know! :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Yes, the launcher works with Steam to launch Combined Ops. I have ARMA2 plus standalone OA and all the DLC through steam, and everything works great.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                    thanks for helping out Sandi!!

Redd, give us a shout if this works so other will know! :)
                    ok...it took a few minutes to figure it out. the first thing you need to do is check for updates. the link is for an older version (there doesnt seem to be a newer version on the guy's site...but it updates if you check for updates) and i couldn't get it to work... also the new version has a manual under help (i couldn't find one in the old version). once you get the newest version its pretty simple to set up and seems to work quite well. :D
                    Last edited by Redd_Wiggler; 12-18-2010, 04:35 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

this is the link I use: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89731

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X